UnderGround Forums

Hunting & Fishing Ground >> First gun advice?

7/21/08 5:23 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
vengence
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I picked up my first gun today at a show.

Taurus PT 140 Pro Millennium 40 s&w

I just picked up the basic package today with the 2 clips and my case. I figure I need to get a nice cleaning kit as well, but is there anything else anyone on here can suggest I would want to invest in for this piece?

I am getting my carry/conceal stuff done in a few weeks, so I assume I need to purchase a holster once I get that done.
7/22/08 3:59 PM
phoenixmma
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

when i purchased my first handgun i also purchased two holsters, an extra mag, self defense rounds, and a bunch of cheaper rounds to waste.
7/22/08 4:18 PM
vengence
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cool.
thanks for the help
7/23/08 1:14 PM
Robert Wynne
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^agreed,cheap rounds to waste.and some paper targets to waste them on.
good choice!
7/23/08 3:55 PM
vengence

shot it yesterday and it felt great. just need mucho practice with slowly squeezing the trigger to the point where i am surprised the gun fires.

as I did this more I was hitting the intended areas of the target more. I like the compactness of the gun though.
8/27/08 11:44 PM
Haywood Jablowme
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Go with an Alessi Talon holster for carrying if you are not riding in a car with it a lot.  It sits in the back of your pants, very comfortable, and you can carry in shorts and an untucked tshirt with no one noticing.  I carry my full sized Glock with one and no one ever knows.
8/28/08 3:57 AM
vengence

thanks for the info.
9/9/08 8:53 AM
Stronghold
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, the Ruger .22 revolver or semi are classic guns. Very simple to use and clean and cheap to practice with.
9/9/08 10:58 AM
Willybone
422 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, the Ruger .22 revolver or semi are classic guns.

I love my Single Six revolver. I could shoot that thing all day. Handsome, accurate, comfortable, and only BB guns have cheaper ammo.
12/26/08 11:56 PM
bassassasinjr
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

a good first gun would be a 22 long rifle or just maybe a 30-30. that was my first gun and i killed many animals and targets with it
12/27/08 7:51 PM
Stronghold
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yep. I got good enough with my .22 lever gun to hit a tin can at 100 yards most of the time with iron sights. Shooting a BB gun constantly growing up helped, too.
12/28/08 2:07 PM
GaydarBlane
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone ever try one of those .22LR conversion kits for a 9mm Glock?
1/1/09 3:37 AM
Mike_in_CA
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Comptac infidel iwb holster is perfect
1/1/09 3:02 PM
Haywood Jablowme
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vengence,

Trijicon or Tritium night sites, fixed, not adjustable are a MUST. I also highly recommend a LaserMax guide rod, laser site.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.