Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.

Agreed. T
3/7/02 8:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tony Blauer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Mar-02
Hey Tony, glad to know you made it back safe and sound. I seem to be running into the same kind of attitude from the guys at work. There seems to be a certain (I'm not sure if this is the right word) denial of the probabilities that this will happen again. My attitude if I board I flight which gets hijacked (I pray that never happens) is that I'm fucked any way, might as well prevent a building fill of people from eating it also. The prevailing opinion is that it was a one shot deal and these scumbags will find other ways of killing people. The way I see it if it works once, better to go back to the well and try it again (which they did a couple of days after). Also read the article in Mixed Martial Arts and your right, it does give a lot to reflect on. Once again glad your back. John K.
Tony Blauer

Dear Tony: UnF)(*&&^(^ believable, we here in NYC are digging ourselves out, walking around dazed, feeling robbed of the sheer joy of living in the city, and this D(*&*& you spoke with just sits there.....aw, what's the point. As a New Yorker that had the pleasure of watching the first tower crush thousands live on television, I don't blame you one bit! However, you should be careful, those buttheads might mistake you for a badguy just because you brought attention to yourself! Tony, I saw this on a back of a book: "Reward goodness, with kindess, reward evil with Justice." - Confucius Sorry if I sound so negative. We feel as if our city is under siege. Stay safe. Pat G
Tony Blauer

I had recently sent out for your catalog. It seems like your Panic Attack is worth it's weight in gold... or more importantly, the most precious of all- human life. I believe our troops would benefit 100 fold from your psychological aspect of combat alone. I'm glad you are on the "good" side. I am financially not able to afford your equipment yet. I had just recently lost my job. I do support you and know from people in the know ie, Sifu Larry Hartsell, Guro Dan Inosanto, that know you are for real. GOD BLESS ALL OF US.
Tony Blauer

Very cool Tony. I gotta tell you...I've found myself wrestling with the victim mindset the past few days. The news is everywhere, and so is the fear. One of the things that struck me as I was cruising around the internet was the sudden number of people talking about "knife defense". Suddenly, everyone and their mother wants to know how to defend a knife...more specifically, against a knife wielding terrorist on a plane that's going crash into the twin towers of the WTC... "Are you training for your last fight, or your next fight?" - You've asked this many times, and I never entirely got it until now. I see so many people preparing to train for the "last fight". The one that already happened on those planes on Sept. 11th. I found myself being drawn into it...thinking about all the time I had to spend on knife defense, wondering about my training, etc... Your words came back to me in the midst of my F.E.A.R. I am not belittling the need for greater awareness about issues like airline safety. It is clearly something that must be considered and prepared for in light of this attack. BUT... I don't fly. I drive. I can't afford plane tickets 99% of the time. My current body of students are college kids. They don't fly much either. What's more likely? That I'm going to end up on a high jacked plane, or someone will try to car-jack me? Will it benefit my girlfriend more to be able to defeat five terrorists, ala Steven Segal, or stop one rapist? What's Important Now? The most inspiring piece of your letter really was this: "It pissed me off that I was feeling weak, rather than strong" Why so inspiring? Simple...it gave me permission to realize that I HAVE been afraid, at that I could address it. Silly it may sound, but knowing that YOU felt fear (and yes, on an intellectual level, I know that everyone feels it...but this connected with me differently), gave me permission to let myself be human. To be afraid. And ask why I was afraid. And deal with it. Thanks for being there. Glad you made it back safe. Be well, Jake
Tony Blauer

This is incredible. Yet another minimum wage worker dealing with national security. There is nothing that is more frustrating about this whole thing. I was amazed at how little security there was last night at the airports. I walked through the metal detector with a HUGE water bottle full of Myoplex that no one even asked to see. For all they know it was an explosive and all I needed to do was light a match! They did search my bag thoroughly, but overall I was pretty disappointed.
Tony Blauer

Thanks for sharing that, T ..... I've said this since the origin ,,,,the greatest champion of this whole surreal nightmare was the guy going to PA who phoned his wife and said he was going to rush the monkeys on his plane ..... the plane crashed and possibly saved hundreds of other people ... the mindset was everything ... Just think , if there were a few of him on the other planes ,,,, they could be sitting in NY harbor instead of the fuckin horror that is ..............
Tony Blauer

Thank you for sharing this email Mr. Blauer. I also just returned home from out of the country and felt similar feeling at the airports that I had to go through. They were so quiet and you could feel the fear and tension running through everyone. I work with many people from Israel and as such I have been exposed to their mentality with regard to terrorism, it is this determination that helped me get on my plan and return home. We live in dangerous times, the enemy is real and among us. Keep up the good work. Shawn
Tony Blauer

Hey Tony...... Sorry to hear about how you were treated at the airline. As as 20 year airline Captain, let me just say that people are pretty freaked. They now realize that maybe passive isn't the real answer when faced with a person willing to die for his cause. I have been a martial artist for years and although I haven't attended your schools YET, I totally agree that we must all remain alert and ready! By the way, if you are ever on my flight, you will be sitting in first class, guarding the cockpit door. You can be my wingman anytime!! Thanks for your thoughts...... Jeff H.
Tony Blauer

Tony, Glad to hear everything went well and you are safe, Funny, I had the same scenerio here in Hawaii. I was stuck in Oahu for the whole week. But the same question ran through my head about how the Hijackers had only a knife, with at least 80+ passengers and it wouldnt take much to overpower 4 or 5 people. Of course a few people would probably get hurt on the initial engagement, still the hijackers were outnumbered. I know its easy for me to say I would do this and I would do that, but I know for a fact that I wouldnt just sit there and let someone else decide my faith. Take Care Aloha Vance
Tony Blauer

I keep maintaining, if only one or two people on board each of these planes had some kind of training or even just an offensive(fighting) mindset this could well have been avoided. It's amazing how fear creates inertia in the human psyche.These guys were armed with freakin' box cutters for crying out loud, yet I have personally seen a fellow Wing Chun student(female and tiny) beat the crap out of some guy who pulled no less than a Cold Steel tactical folder on her. Mindset is what it's all about like you always say Tony.Thanks for this info.As for your videos, what can I say....I love them and keep refering to them time and again and I always learn something new.You are the best. Warmest Regards, Avzal South Africa.
Tony Blauer

I agree with you. We train for that one moment. What type of mindset would it be to think that if something was to go down on your flight you should not get up. That would be sitting in fear. These guys needed their throats punched through there necks and there necks broken. I think you told them the right thing. I would of thought they would be happy about what you stated. I gurantee anyone on that flight with you would have liked for you to "get out of your seat" if it was needed. Lets all keep training to save ourselves and others. USA! USA! Bill
Tony Blauer

Thanks Tony" Glad you made it home safe. This is Marcus in Hawaii. Thanks for sharing this with us. Ironically, as a former Marine who remembers Beirut and as an American whose soul burns from the reality and memory of the Towers terrorist incident in New York among other acts of their cowardice, I have had the same state of conscience since I can remember for my travels and flights especially and, you are right. Preparedness visualization does help to place the mind set into perspective because awareness leads to alertness which leads to avoidance and if necessary, on to action. These are the four A's that I taught in behalf of the governers Street Smart program back in D.C. during the early nineties. I use to ask myself if I were paranoid but never again will I allow myself to walk around like a sheep always looking down and even getting lost and eventually becoming a predator's victim. If we ever fly together, I will be the guy on your wavelength and by your side when it comes to kicking---. As a suggestion you should also offer to train pilots and air marshalls. There should be several air marshalls on board and even in the cockpit as well as seated in strategic vantage positions. Anti terrorist Marines, Navy Seals, Delta Force and even Army Rangers are all trained to positively attack and destroy simultaneously and on cue as well as to employ their instincts in such situations and it is time that airport personnel come to grips with reality and stop acting as if September 11th never happened. God bless America, MD Marcus
Tony Blauer

" Let me talk to the captain and see if that’s OK, we might not want you to do anything..." Yes, and let the plane smash another establishments full of innocent lives... Aha! New 3 I's specially tailored for flight attendants: IGNORANT INDECENT INAPPROPRIATE :>
Tony Blauer

Tony, I am sorry I missed your seminar. I was on alert prior to the attack and then after it happened I was put on a completely different type of alert as you can imagine. My wife and I are both active duty and this sort of thing really calls us to "burn the midnight oil". I want you to know though I agree with the blindness the masses seem to have with reguard to defending themselves and others. I wanted you to know that my wife and I will be and are doing everything we can to ensure your freedom and way of life. This attack has not come as any surprise but, I will not loose my resolve or let you down. I know this may not mean anything to you as you only know of me through a couple of e-mails but, I felt the need to let you know that there are a few others out there that will fight and "not stay in their seats too" I will be one of those charging the terrorist right beside you.
Tony Blauer

Good to know you're ok man. I was thinking about where you might be during all this...F*ckin unbelievable the reaction you got to you offer, but not surprising. Security still isn't up to par, and my sister {a flight attendant for United} has some crazy stuff to tell also...Hi to your family, and stay safe... -Mark
Tony Blauer

We must stay strong for our country, family and each other. I am currently in NYC assiting in the efforts. I want to thank all of you from myself, my family and all my collegaues from each and every agency here as well as all Americans for your thoughts and prayers. Thanks again. See you all real soon.God Bless America Charlie
Tony Blauer

Hi Tony, It's good to hear that you and your family are safe and sound. The attack has had a big effect on us in England. Every office in England had 3 minutes silence on Friday - this is not something that I can ever remember happening before. An American guy I work with has hardly spoke since it happened. I think a lot of people expect London to be next. As soon as I heard the news, following the initial shock, I started thinking what I would do if I was one of those passengers and I had figured out what was happening. It's funny (maybe not the right word) but a lot of the things I've heard you say sprang to mind - about accepting the situation and even my death. I was figuring out just what I'd have to do to these guys to stop them - due to what was at stake I simply couldn't do anything less than go for the kill (suffice to say this was not a light decision - murder is a comparatively rare thing to us in England). This brought me to the next problem - these bastards have also accepted death - they're not going to give up easy, they'll be fighting as hard as you and they are also trained. When I fight I have to go to kill and absolutely nothing can stop me - a knife to the throat, broken bones whatever - many lives are at steak beyond my own. This was all very taxing and emotional- visualising all this (I always visualise the feelings of fear, panic pain etc involved). Unfortunetly it seems that only the passengers on the 4th plane figured out what was happening (those guys are true heroes). Though in a different situation I know not to trust someone who threatens me and tells me I'll be ok if I comply (that's one of the things of yours I always explain when someone asks me about self defence) this is a very different place to where you imagine it happening and you also have the cabin crew and pilots telling you to comply (after all, these situations usually work out more or less ok). It's a lot to think about. Best Wishes, Andy
Tony Blauer

Tony Blauer, I have been in martial arts since 1978 and study several disiplines. I was in the Marine Corps for 6 years and now in the Army National Guard. I am employed with the Tupelo Police Dept. in Mississippi were I serve on the SWAT Team. I will be leaving for Las Vegas tomorrow, you can bet your sweet ass I will be thinking the same. keep up the good work, PW.
Tony Blauer

Thank you for your e mail and even more so for your commitment to ready-ness. I can't help but believe that if the terrorist who commited the acts of last tuesday had known in their hearts that the US was going to strike back hard and had no doubt that it would happen, thousands of lives would have been saved. If we're ever on the same flight I'll coordinate my move with yours Bob
Tony Blauer

If you haven't read the EDITORIAL ON TERRORISM thread please do so, I have just added some thoughts on the subject on that thread. Tony Here are several email I received after sending out this email: ------ Sept 16 2001 I was down at Ft Bragg this week....I left Fayetteville today at 7 am for my flight home at 11 am. Apprehension & scenarios were running through my mind. I wasn't looking forward to the flight. I dont like places where my mind and athleticism are compromised [being an air passenger is one of those places]. The events of the past week added to my worry. Scenarios ran through my head...where to sit, what to look for...of course the likelihood of another incident was close to nil..but isn't that the same mindset that creates presumed compliance, allows downsizing, permits skipping a workout? The airport was a ghost town, no lines, not much more security, a couple of check points, everyone was somber...no one looked happy to fly. Energy is contagious and I felt my nerves and apprehension magnify. It pissed me off that I was feeling weak rather than strong. Of course CNN playing on every TV monitor with people staring in trances didn't help. I walked the corridor and then began visualizing a couple of scenarios, pre-contact cues, movement, IA principles, visualized my grip on a wrist, an ear, a throat...relocated the indignation that makes a flinch and a forearm a fucking SPEAR, then did some close quarter stuff in the hall and said 'bring it' - I felt a hole lot better. 15 minutes prior to boarding, I went up to the desk where the flight crew was getting ready and said: "My name is Tony Blauer, I teach control tactics & combatives for law enforcement & military, I have worked with the Federal Air Marshals and ALPA and I wanted to identify myself to you in case there was a need....Im sure everything will be fine, but in case, God forbid something happens, I will not be sitting in my seat and I wanted you to know who the good guy running towards the bad guy was...." The male flight attendant looked at me, tilted his head as if not understanding and said, " Let me talk to the captain and see if thats OK, we might not want you to do anything..." I interrupted him and said, " That's fine, speak to the captain, but if anything happens, I will NOT be siting in my seat." He looked at me as if September 11th hadn't happened. True story, verbatim. I shook my head and waited to board. And as you can intuit....I made it home safe & sound. T
gentle gene

I wonder why we are negotiating with the Taliban? Why are we giving them 3 days to turn bin laden over? It seems to me that we need to stop talking unless it is for disinformations sake and kick the crap out of some bad guys. Why do we care whether they turn him over or not. They've been protecting this guy way to long. I think talking time should be over. I think it is evident that we have STILL not realized the mind set necessary to defeat these people. Lets plan lets plot...are you telling me that we dont know where any bad guys are right now? If we are collecting intel so we can get all of them ok. Otherwise why are we being so damned discriminate...there are bad guys everywhere, start hitting them now. Lets use the Pakistani intelligence and hit Taliban and bin laden today. If not then are our leaders already lieing? Pres.Bush said we were going to get the people who harbor terrorist. Taliban are and they have been. Move. Act. I am angry and frustrated and all that I am doing is raging into a computer keyboard...Im not really grieving, I am pissed and I am striving to find ways to not be as impotent as the "sheep". There are some really smart people on this forum. Tell me some act that will put this anger to use...tell me how to hit my enemy hard. Flailing away, Gene
Tony Blauer

You're right -- the passive-victim syndrome rules, despite all reality. Just sent an op-ed to WSJ and Washington Times (first one, then the other): What Price Air Security? It was a good piece, calling for an end to passive/inert compliance, given the lesson the people on Flight 93 gave us. But WSJ won't think I have the credentials to say the things I said, and haven't hear from WTimes, either. Oh, well. You have it right, and if they don't want to help, let them cower out of your way. Peter
Tony Blauer

Many thanks for the email Tony This illustrates probably the most powerful message got from a couple of your seminars in Oz quite a few years ago now; hook in and live your life, rather than flow along like sheep, letting life call the shots. Thanks again for making the effort to send this around; we all need this sort of encouragement. All the best. Rick
Rumi

Something that is interesting is that any real good template or model for the mind should be able to transfer itself to any other scenario and operate functionally. In the case of the cycle of behavoiur and warrior mind set, there is a lot that is applicable here. These are just random thoughts that have occurred to me. When I think of what we all do, we are in a sense modern day warriors, so maybe we have something that we need to learn from the warriors past. In the face of chaos, death and hell a warroir does many thins. He accepts the situation whatever it may be, he looks for lessons, for solutions, and then does whatever he can, never allowing anything, even himself, to distract him from the fury that rages ion and outside of himself, truthful, (which is beyond honesty), in every situation. The bombing happenned. You are feeling defeated, hurt, destroyed. The enemy made the cut, warroirs all around cry out in confusion, rage, pain, mourniing,etc. The battle field rages on. But the enemy is still there capable of cutting you further, and if you think for one minute that your focusing on your pain, anger or the disaster is going to help, be ready for more inner or outer chaos. Are you personally thinking of a solution? Globally, war seems like just revenge, but guess what? Terrorism is simple. It's just global sucker punching. We might be bigger and or stronger, but the States have been warned for at least a decade by anti terrorist experts that something like this was going to happen. In other countries, they are much more adept and prepared, because THEY EXPERIENCED AND ACCEPCTED THAT THIS COULD HAPPEN IN THEIR COUNTRY. How many of you said "how could this happen?"...guy attacks you on the street.."How could this happen?"(?)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.