UnderGround Forums

LEOGround >> Professioanl Reading List (input requested)

7/26/08 2:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
IMSOGHEYFORPATCOTE
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All,
I am trying to put together a professional reading list for our trainees after they finish the academy. I would appreciate any input and suggestions. I already have some books but I know there is a ton of good info out there. As I get sugestions I will add them to the list I complile. Thanks for any input.

The Artist formerly known as B Sharps
7/26/08 6:32 PM
JKING
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What do you want? CJ books, crime, courts, etc?
7/26/08 7:36 PM
IMSOGHEYFORPATCOTE
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Honestly anything that can help them develop professionally as LEOs. The range of topics can be wide, if something is recommended here I will check it out and if I don't think it fits I won't use it. I'm hoping though that I can get some good suggestions from other experienced officers/agents.
8/8/08 4:20 AM
DarthChoke
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you are into OMGs at all, Under and Alone is an entertaining read and informative at the same time.
9/9/08 11:09 AM
klif
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meditations on Violence: A Comparison of Martial Arts Training & Real World Violence
by Rory Miller

http://www.amazon.com/Meditations-Violence-Comparison-Martial-Training/dp/1594391181/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1220972904&sr=8-1
10/30/08 8:31 AM
WTXMMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SHARPENING THE WARRIOR'S EDGE - SIDDLE

TRAINING AT THE SPEED OF LIFE - (FORGOT AUTHOR)

VIOLENCE, BLUNDERS, AND FRACTURED JAWS GUIDE TO STREET AND SITUATIONAL AWARENESS - MARC MACYOUNG (ANYTHING BY HIM IS GREAT)
11/3/08 3:18 AM
Lahi
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The New Centurions, The Choirboys, and Hollywood Station, all by Joseph Wambaugh
11/9/08 10:52 AM
WTXMMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TRAINING AT THE SPEED OF LIFE - KENNETH MURRAY
2/4/09 12:19 AM
How_Taste_GSPeePee
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarsMan - LOL @ your new sn, B...

I suggest:
On Combat: The Psychology and Physiology of Deadly Conflict in War and in Peace  
On Combat: The Psychology and Physiology of Deadly Conflict in War and in Peace by Dave Grossman and Loren W. Christensen

I don't agree with everything written there, esp regarding videogames, but it's a great read.

Along the same lines, I was gonna recommend "On Killing." Same author etc.

3/8/09 8:56 PM
cycklops
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"On Killing" can't reember the author, Lt. Colonel something

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.