UnderGround Forums

SoldierGround >> 1st SFG Combatives

7/28/08 10:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
oblongo
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How does this program compare and contrast to the MACP? Is it designed as a complement to or a substitute for MACP?
8/1/08 7:18 PM
MAJLeavitt
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Me either. more info is needed.
8/1/08 8:24 PM
oblongo
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doing a little Googling, this is about all i could find:

http://sinepari.soc.mil/News/2008/February/SP-080208-01.html
8/2/08 4:26 PM
miahlancaster

its ok. Its alot like the other traditional systems that have been tried in the army. A few cool ideas, but i don't think it makes someone a good fighter. Very traditional martial artsy.
8/2/08 4:27 PM
miahlancaster

Not nearly as practical as the kit stuff you'd do in level 3/4
8/2/08 4:31 PM
miahlancaster

this video should help pass the idea along
8/2/08 11:20 PM
Normal MT
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

-- Rex Kwan Do
"Ok, now watch this everybody. Grab my arm. The other arm. My other arm. Now watch this, I'm just gonna break the wrist and walk away."
"You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forgettaboutit!"
"I shall respect Rex. I shall never misuse Rex Kwan Do. I shall be a champion of freedom and justice."
"Who's the only one here who knows illegal ninja moves from the government"
"Bow to your sensei. BOW TO YOUR SENSEI ! "
"I spent three months in the Octagon."

Sorry I love that movie.

8/3/08 1:18 AM
miahlancaster

These tend to be buddy-buddy contracts rather than skill based. Sold more by salesman than real fighters. I'd love to help them get a real program together. I was the head instructor(contractor) for 7th group and worked for jsoc/usasoc here at ft bragg. Not necessarily me, but someone who knows their shit and can certify in the army's offical combatives certifications. Normal mt, I have my own school starting here in fayetteville soon, let me know when you will be back in town. Your instruction is always top notch.
8/3/08 8:18 AM
Normal MT
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey there Jerimiah,
Whazup? Your profile says your in NJ? Drop me a line kalimuay@fgi.net ,my wife informs me that she needs to get back out there and visit our grandkids in Sept. Just something about those babies.
I also got to make some time to drop by Angels Gym too and get some Ringtime in.
Where's your gym gonna be? I'll mapquest it to figure my way around between you & Team ROC & Angels. 
8/3/08 3:44 PM
miahlancaster

Ill be right next to angels in redpoint rock climbing gym. The nj thing is from a long time ago when i lived there. never got around to change it. Its gonna have a 4200 sq.ft. crossfit section aswell, and of course rock climbing.
8/3/08 5:24 PM
Normal MT

Hey thats cool, G e-mailed me to tell me that he had a Thai fighter that he's wanting to get some figths for. I was headed to Des Moines to Ref a tournament, and as chances are he informed me he's moving to Des Moines. I passed him the promoters name out there so he can can get a look around.

On a side note this might be of some interest to you & your students. While I was out there, I ran into Frank Cucci and he was interested in me sending my Son-in-Law up to VA for a security job. He also said he's looking for a decent stand-up trainer for his security firm.
If you got any ex-operators here is Frank Cucci's website & info:

Linxx Security
272 Bendix Road Suite 220
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
757-222-0300
fcucci@linxxsecurity.com
www.linxxsecurity.com 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.