alphafemale
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

90 Clinet Pomerol,

90 Chateau Pichon Longueville Pauillac,

85 Mouton

70 Palmer Margaux.

05 Silex/Didier Dageneau

85 Haut Brion

I have to tell you, I'm really not all that knowledgeable about wine but my palate is totally f-ed from drinking good wine all the time now. Is there anyone in the L.A. area who wants to do a wine meetup? I actually have some time on my hands these days - would be great to split costs on some wines and to learn about them.
7/29/08 3:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GaryG
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd be interested but you're appx 2,360 miles away. Have you thought about going to the wine advocate BB and checking out their off site listings?

http://dat.erobertparker.com/bboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13

P.S. Tasting notes please, or at least give us a back story as to how you were able to taste wines of this caliber
7/29/08 7:10 PM
alphafemale

Edited: 07/29/08 7:10 PM
 Hi Gary! will post my tasting notes when I get back home. I scribble them on little pieces of paper that pile up on my floor. It's a bit ridiculous and I want to be disciplined enough to have a little memo book to keep it all together, but it's hard because I get home late and work early at my other job and then they just...well, stay on the floor in a pile.

I'm able to taste these awesome wines because I work for a restaurant group :). Not to mention, alot of our guests that come in are more than happy to share their bottles - the ones they bring in, like a '52 Philipponnat Magnum. Christ - talk about screwed for Champagne. It's not uncommon for guests to offer me a seat at the table to share some of their wine or to actually buy me a glass during work. It's craZy! but it's fun.... :)

7/30/08 7:52 AM
GaryG
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very cool. I think we have a similar filing system.

Looking forward to your TN's. I'm especially curious about the Margaux & Haut Brion.

Restaurant business is very tough. Much respect.
8/3/08 3:57 AM
alphafemale

Tonite I tried a 99 Henri Bonneau Reserve des Celestins Chateauneuf du Pape. Really awesome. incredible nose - I got a slam of floral note then cassis/currant, oak, dried cherry, Really well balanced,smooth tannins and great finish, almost a little mint.

Also Saxon Brown Semillon - definitely a floral/stone fruit slam on the nose and incredibly bright flavors-lots of stone fruits, very fruity, a little citrus at the finish, with good mineral notes , nice and bright as far as a white goes. Very pretty and perfect for summer.
8/3/08 3:59 AM
alphafemale

Gary, I am still looking for my notes! Im coming close I think...I will also post my thoughts on some Sine qua Non wines...
8/4/08 4:12 PM
GaryG

no worries. You really write good notes. Very interested in what you think of SQN. I've never had but I've read alot about them.

Have you ever considered becoming a sommelier?
8/4/08 10:01 PM
dock

I drank a Turley Zin over the weekend. It was very good. Good nose and with that zin bite.
8/5/08 7:52 AM
GaryG

dock

If you don't mind me asking how did you get a Turley? Are you on the subscriber list? What vintage was it?
8/8/08 9:41 PM
dock

I frequent a wine store down the street from my house(Atlanta Suburbs) and they had some on sale and I bought a bottle of the Turley 2005 Zinfindel. http://www.thewinestoreinc.com

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.