UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> Best training

3/7/02 8:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
goffamarc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Mar-02

Thank you for the respone. Do you find overcoming the pschological "fear" or the confrontation common even among "trained" black belts or with years of "dojo" training. Have you ever seen this problem affect professional fighers who have actually fought in the ring or a cage?
goffamarc

Can you give your opinion on what "art" would be best for self defense or street fighting. Which of your series would be best for streetfighting. I am also 5-10, 175, so if I ever did get into a confrontation, I would assume that the other guy would be better.
Tony Blauer

Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
"Can you give your opinion on what "art" would be best for self defense" No art. Art is for a museum. A missing element to all training, especially the 'ambush' attack is in underestimating the ruthlessness and suddenness of the initial assault that creates paralyzing fear.... Understanding how to move & use your body is not about learing an art form, so if your goal is self-defense, make sure your defintions support your directives. Fear management and creating mental blueprints through replication training is the focus of our classes. As for a recomendation on our tapes? There are many, depends on where youre at psychologically [physical stature is least important at first]. Check out this link: http://www.tonyblauer.com/Products/BeYourOwn/choke4.html Best of luck, Tony

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.