UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Help with lower back pain

8/4/08 9:24 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mister deez
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/04/08 9:27 AM

I have never had any serious lower back pain but two weeks ago I strained my lower back doing deadlifts. I tried to do my usual weight after about a month off and my form suffered. A day after, my back was insanely sore, I thought it was just muscle soreness but I had trouble sleeping that night due to the pain. The pain slowly got better for a week until it felt normal. So I played my weekly basketball game and tweaked it a little during the game. It was not painful at all but the next day I started having mild pain in the lower back again. Again, I rested it for a few days and it started getting better again. Yesterday, I was sitting on the ground trying to put together a poster frame, and it just started feeling alot worse. I am currently resting and just hoping it will recover again.

I was guessing I had sprained my back, and I keep aggravating it. But the fact that sitting down on the ground made it worse has got me worried. What do you guys think happened and how do you think I should try to treat it? I am really hoping this is just a tendon/ligament/muscle strain and not something to do with my spine. As with everything, if I still keep having problems I will visit the doctor soon.
8/11/08 11:31 AM
Outkaster
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rest, Ice, and heat is what everyone always told me.
9/20/08 6:42 PM
kylethasnizake
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

deep tissue massage

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.