UnderGround Forums

Weapons UnderGround >> best zombie gun

8/4/08 1:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
conwaytitty
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

out of these three guns which do you think is the best zombie/illuminatti/apocalypse/ i'm getting my fucking soup outta the soup line gun.

ak variant 7.62

ar 15 .223/5.56

mini 14

or another choice hk?

i've been hunting all my life 12/20 gauge 30/30,30.06,.308 for deer hunting in maine. i was in the marines for 4 years so i do have some familiarity with the 5.56 can shoot 500yrds open sights per mc range but i'm no sniper.

what is the best all aroung gun for mass hoardes of zombie's, people trying to get my wood/food etc ,might have
to fight my way out into teh boonies or house to house and maybe kill a stray animal

what is the best overall gun? thanks
8/12/08 7:42 PM
Kai Tremeche
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Honestly, a 9mm hipoint rifle.
8/13/08 7:49 PM
Skpotamus
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would say some shotgun variant. Lots of power for close range work with buckshot and some spread to take out the charging zombie hoard, with slugs you can get 100 yards pretty easily and drop bigger game (whitetail deer, etc). Ammo is everywhere for it.

If you're dead set on a rifle, I'd go with an ak in 7.62x39. Low/No maintenance, a lot more accurate than people give it credit for and a pretty powerful round. Get one with a folding stock so you can use it in close easily and extend it for longer range work. The ammo is plentiful stockpiling shouldn't be an issue. You can use various magazine capacities from 10 round to 65 round.
8/27/08 10:23 PM
despain76

I agree with the AK-47 7.62x39. I have one and it has never jammed, is easy to maintain, and will stand up to pumping round after round through. Definitely my choice for a zombie attack. I'd also carry a semi-auto handgun for the close up action too.
8/28/08 8:25 AM
Willybone
397 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/28/08 4:13 PM
 I think a Ruger 10/22 would be the ideal zombie gun. You really don't need a large or powerful round to penetrate a zombie skull. The 10/22 could give you great accuracy out to 100 yards, relatively quiet shots so you don't attract more zombies, and large capacity magazines to weigh very little.

For less plausible scenarios, like an economic collapse, I'll still go with a shotgun. 
8/28/08 6:59 PM
Kai Tremeche

Willybone: The only problem with the 22 is that it's rimfire and therefore VERY dirty.
8/29/08 5:48 PM
GladiatorGannon
278 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i think you're ignoring some of the practicalities of the inevitable zombie-pocalypse. if you're in NATO territory, you're going to want to go with the AR 15 so you can scrounge ammo from police stations and NG armories. especially if you're an ex-marine and already highly trained on them.

"Amateurs study tactics, professionals study logistics"
9/1/08 12:43 AM
Kai Tremeche

GG: That's why I say get a 9mm, because you can get that ANYWHERE.

I'd say that a calico would be the ultimate way to go. 100 rounds of 9mm in a carbine format.
9/1/08 4:47 AM
Skpotamus
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gladiator, I would still rather go with an AK or a shotgun personally. I've seen too many AR's jam or malfunction just at the range or at matches to trust them when the zombie hoard comes charging at you (remember the newest Dawn of the Dead movie? I'm anticipating super adrenalized howler monkey style zombies instead of the slow bumbling ones). Meaning I want the gun to fire every single time I pull the trigger, while running away and firing over my shoulder, praying I hit their head or kneecaps.

Kai, those calicos weren't very good guns, my dad bought a pair of them a 9mm and a 22. Both pretty much sucked. Accruacy was difficult with them, and they jammed like it was their job.

Although, a 9mm sub gun would be great to get ahold of. Maybe loot an MP5 from an abandoned police station after the zombies eat all the unprepared police officers?
9/1/08 10:20 AM
Kai Tremeche

Skpotamus: Yeah, I was wondering how those things fed.

Oh well.
9/17/08 7:24 PM
Kai Tremeche

I mean, I think the biggest consideration with a zombie gun is capacity.
9/17/08 7:55 PM
Rocker1911

I went with the AR-15, you having former training on it helps too. I also have other shotguns/bolt guns to back it up.
9/18/08 11:42 AM
Juijitsuboxer
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
10/9/08 1:28 AM
Chocolate Shatner
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you are talking zompacolypse, I still say a good .22LR or 10/22 is your best bet. Yes, a little dirty, but a good one is built to deal with this (and you should clean your weapon on a regular basis anyway), and you can easily carry 1000 rounds with minimum weight.
10/9/08 7:00 PM
Joe Maffei
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm thinking about getting a Rugar pc 40. it shoots 40 cal pistol rounds same as my sig so that's a plus and the guy only wants $100. so it's almost a no brainer

Already gor the Moss 500 so that seems like $4$ the next choice.
10/9/08 7:19 PM
Skpotamus

For those of you with a glock or 1911, look at the MEctec
Carbines. I picked up one for my glock 22, converted it to 9mm and play with the 33 round magazines in it. It's been a fun toy.
10/17/08 5:53 AM
Juijitsuboxer
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
10/19/08 1:56 AM
Juijitsuboxer

ttt
11/13/08 8:30 PM
TheLuckyMilkMan
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9mm or 5.56 cause you will findit anywhere but other than that i would go with one of these...

Russian SPETSNAZ modernization of Siaga-12K :
http://www.saiga-12.com/images/Large/Saiga_12K.jpg

or the tzar:
http://kalashnikov.guns.ru/photos/ak-mag100.jpg
11/19/08 4:02 AM
1911fanatic

I like a 12 gauge with 00, or the ability to fire 3" slugs. Pump action for reliable feeding. Either an 870 (my personal gun of choice), a Mossy 590, or an old Winchester defender would be fine.

As far as a rifle is concerned, I'd want stopping power, so a .308 is in order. Either an H&K 91/clone, FN FAL, or M1A1 would suffice.

Pistol, I'm sticking with .45 ACP. In a government model 1911, of course.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.