UnderGround Forums

TravelGround >> Goin to Belize - Help, Tips?

8/4/08 6:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dirty Cake
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've done plenty of looking online and am currently making my way through the Lonely Planet guide, but I'd like to hear from some folks that have been to Belize.

Anything from general info, to things that surprise you to the best places to visit/eat/stay/see.

Thanks in advance...
8/12/08 12:58 AM
Dirty Cake
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tell me more of these crack head zombies.....

I recently read about a machete killing in Belize City.  Is crime bad there?

8/13/08 9:50 PM
ianbulldog
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blame the DEA for drug habits. You're a douche!
8/27/08 9:17 PM
Dirty Cake

More information..... PLEASE!
7/11/09 7:18 AM
Gi-zzer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If your into diving, the Islands are great.  Even if you don't dive, I would stick to islands like Ambergous Caye (Busy, lots of hotels) and Caye Caulker (no cars, laid back island).  Belize city is horrible, as has already been stated, stay away from there.  However, my wife and I had a great time on our trip.
1/6/10 3:09 PM
DirkH
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ianbulldog - Blame the DEA for drug habits. You're a douche!

Sorry, his argument is completely logical and reasonable. He is not blaming the DEA for drug use, but drug wars and the associated violence.

When cocaine and heroin were legal in the country, and sold in every pharmacy, there were no drug gangs. Period!

No point in fleeing the cops, since you weren't breaking the law and they weren't allowed to arrest you for it.

No point in killing rival gangs for territory, since there were no gangs. Who would you rather deal with Merk and Pfizer or the Crips and Bloods?

Not much point in stealing to feed drug habit, since the drugs were cheap.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.