UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> The Next Food Network Star

8/5/08 3:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SE7ENFOLD
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is anyone watching this ?

I think the Lisa chick should get it!! She's decent looking and has a decent name for a show ( Beautiful Basics).
A little work behind the camera and she'll be it!!

The little blond is too much of a green horn and the black dude just doesnt seem to have star quality. The other guy is a dufus!
8/5/08 5:54 PM
alxholic
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

black dude won.
8/6/08 9:13 AM
Lou Dukes

She lost but could still do a show. They just have to spend some good time editing out all her serious and concentrating faces.
8/7/08 2:56 PM
Lucas Maximus
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Show is fixed IMO
They use the show to build up hype for the eventual star and his/her new show.
They already have the winner picked out and this has little or nothing to do with what goes on in the episodes.
The producer's last show before Big Daddy was Down Home with the Neely's.  The Food Network already has plenty of women and white dudes.  That's why they went with Big Daddy - to cover all the bases.

8/8/08 12:16 PM
Lou Dukes

Don't forget "Cooking for Real" with Sunny Anderson.
Glad you said it cuz I wasn't touching it
8/8/08 6:36 PM
Lucas Maximus
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think they should have all different types of people doing the cooking shows.  I thought it was pretty obvious that Big Daddy was going to win because Food Network didn't have a solo male African-American host.  Then when they had the "sample" show with the producer whose last project was the Neely's I figured it out.
8/11/08 2:55 PM
alpo
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All of them sucked this season.  The only ones that had personality couldn't cook and vice versa.  Lisa was at least sort of hot, they should have chose her.
8/14/08 3:07 PM
SE7ENFOLD

I figure the same thing after reading the spoiler^^.

Other than the Neely's there are no other Black chefs on the FN. Just give him a few on camera lessons and he'll do OK.

Damn!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.