UnderGround Forums

Alabama Underground >> 8/8/08 Fights in Huntsville... ECI 15

8/6/08 4:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
reagan123
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/06/08 4:09 PM

Just a reminder about the fights Friday night at the VBC in Huntsville. Not sure about admission price or door time.

ECI 15
August 8th, 2008
VBC Arena
Huntsville AL

www.extremecombat.org
8/8/08 8:57 AM
reagan123
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/08/08 9:02 AM
ttt

By the way... does anyone know what gyms have guys fighting tonight. After all the great discussions that have been going on about the gyms in Alabama recently, I'd like to try and see what gym the fighters are associated with.

Anyone know?
8/8/08 9:12 AM
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nobody from spartan is fighting that I know of.
8/8/08 9:34 AM
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol@ "great discussions"....yeah, that's not exactly what I would call what has been going on here and on the ECI website...but is sure as shit entertaining!!
8/10/08 8:39 PM
YoungSpartan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How about Nathan and Luke?
8/11/08 12:09 AM
BlazerinTraining

did Hvegasfighter win his can fight? or was he the can?
8/11/08 10:51 AM
Stranglehold26

sounds like the 155 title fight was a great war between Palmer and "The Dragon Wolf" with Palmer subbing the alleged BJJ black belt Lovett in the third round. Kudos to Palmer for picking up some new hardware and giving the fans the fight of the night.
8/11/08 1:35 PM
Conolley

Luke won by disqualification, his opponent was a moron.
He grabbed Nathan's head after Luke took him down got cross sides top and the idiot tried to choke him just squeezing his head no guard no game at all the bell rings to end the first and jack ass won't let go of his not a choke despite the ref telling him repeatedly then trying to force him to do so. Finally dip shit lets go the ref is fussing at him and I think he shoved the ref and cursed at him and everyone who had a say so disqualified him. Sucked to have the fight taken out of Luke's hands like that. The guy was completely out of gas and was probably gonna be out of there in the next round, but the idiot definitely deserved the DQ and should probably not get another fight at all he sucked anyway. If you suck and you are a douche bag then why would anyone want to put you in a show? But seems like there is a bit of that going on.
Nathan got guillotined pretty quick, took an ill advised shot and got stuck. Both Nathan and Luke are new to our camp just a couple weeks in they have been training around other gyms for awhile though. I think that both of these guys are going to be studs in the future we have a lot to work with in both of them, just need some more time on the program.

To my knowledge, only one fight made it out of the first round the last one. That was actually a good fight. I don't think Lovett is a black belt in BJJ but he did have some game he tried rubber guard and seemed to know what he was doing too but then was passed and mounted repeatedly. Palmer had better Jits for sure he was throwing arm bars like crazy and came close to getting two or three before finishing one.
Lovett did have a pretty nice hitchhiker escape once though.
From what I saw and it is sometimes tough to tell in a fight but blue belt tops is all I saw of Lovett.
8/11/08 3:11 PM
drugfree

That guy definitely deserved the DQ. Not a very good card except for the last fight between Lovett and Palmer and the KO in the Booker v. Stewart fight.

At least everyone got out there and fought.

It was good to see you down there cornering your guys Chris. I need to stop by and say hello next time I make it to Bham.

Joel
8/11/08 11:02 PM
YoungSpartan

I hate that nate ended up goin out like that. And then luke foughta dick head. But I appreciate the updates. Atleast somebody answered me:)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.