UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Hells Kitchen - Ramsay vs. Marco Pierre White

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/7/08 1:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SE7ENFOLD
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Ramsay better than White. The American version is a liitle better than the UK's.

I also hate how the British talk somtimes so I cant get into the new season with White. Too many accents!!

The chefs definitly seem to be less experienced than other shows ( like stated in other threads, Top Chef, Next FN star..).

All in all, I like Ramsay's HK version, and his Kitchen nightmares show, UK and US versions.
8/7/08 10:23 PM
The Gimp
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Marco Pierre White just published an autobiography. If you like Ramsay's style you should read the book -- it's fascinating.
8/9/08 7:09 AM
junon
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

its on BBCA?
8/9/08 2:15 PM
rerox

marco pierre white owned ramsay. made him cry like a little bitch. MPW=the real hell's kitchen
8/13/08 4:17 PM
Timothy Hellfire

From wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Pierre_White

White has a Japanese manservant called Mr Ishii, who chauffeurs him everywhere (as White has never learnt to drive).[15] In his leisure time, White can be found freshwater fishing and game hunting.

Hmmm... man servant eh? Then there is no way white has owned ramsay imo

8/16/08 11:49 AM
rerox

Read his book, devil in the kitchen.
8/18/08 8:28 PM
sloppy2nds
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ramsey vs. Ramsey American Kitchen Nightmares is a steaming pyle of shit.  I can't watch Hells Kitchen at all.
1/7/09 2:30 PM
junon
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BBC America is now showing his "The F Word" show.

i forget which season it was but my favorite episode is the one where he makes his own beer.
1/17/10 11:54 PM
Breezah
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gordon is marcos bitch
1/18/10 12:49 AM
junon

Marco's HK is boring as hell.

it revolves even less around actual cooking than Ramsay's HK.
1/19/10 12:24 AM
Breezah
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

junon - Marco's HK is boring as hell.

it revolves even less around actual cooking than Ramsay's HK.

but I'm not talking abou those stupid tv shows
1/19/10 3:30 AM
junon

yeah i like Marco better than Ramsay.

i think someone like Marco is needed on US television.

he just has to find the right format for a show.
1/23/10 4:09 PM
flemsnopes

Edited: 01/24/10 2:49 AM
Marco's Great British Feast series was pretty good. I'm more interested in the recipes from those shows, so I was a little more into Heston's search for perfection. If they got Marco doing a show like Heston's, experimenting with classic dishes, I would watch food network again.
1/24/10 3:37 AM
junon

flemsnopes - Marco's Great British Feast series was pretty good. I'm more interested in the recipes from those shows, so I was a little more into Heston's search for perfection. If they got Marco doing a show like Heston's, experimenting with classic dishes, I would watch food network again.

ive watched Marco's Great British Feast and Heston's In Search of Perfect series over a dozen times each.

one thing i notice about Marco is he does alot of the same stuff in all his shows.

a lot of stuff from his Harvey's menu as well.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.