UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> New GuitarWorks guitar- "Daneen"

8/7/08 3:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Racer X
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I decided it was time for me to have guitar in the shop that would showcase the talents of my finisher, Daneen. So I gave her a body and neck and told her that my only requirements were that the guitar had a self portrait(because she is rediculously hot,IMO) and a chrome scorpion on it someplace. Other than that, she could do what she wanted to show off what she does. I give you the result, Daneen:

I had a Hamer/DiMarzio pickup from a guitar that was in a store fire 25 years ago. With the airbrush flames hitting the edge, I couldn't resist putting it in. It sounds great!
Oh, and she painted the back as well. It makes me wish I'd given her two guitars!
The neck has some great details. I like how she echoed the look of the nut mounting hardware down the neck so that it doesn't break up her design. Cool skull detail at the headstock.
And of course, my requested scorpion(I'm a Scorpio who used to play a lot of 80s Skorpion tunes,so....)

I'll post tech specs later. Enjoy!
8/7/08 5:16 PM
xsjadoroll
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thats pretty intense
8/8/08 5:17 AM
Racer X
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Neck and body by Warmoth. Swamp Ash body and Ebony over Maple neck. Gotoh tuners,Original Floyd Rose, 25 year old Hamer OEM DiMarzio pickup that reads about 10.5K ohms, so it's like a hot PAF kind of thing. I'm sure the heat that toasted the bobbins affected the magnet(heat and shock/vibration being enemies of maintaining a magnets field strength), but not for the worse as far as I can tell. CTS 500K volume pot, Switchcraft jack, and soon, recessed Dunlop Straplock system and a cool strap. That's going to be tough, a strap that fits this guitar. Maybe something in leather and metal.....

8/9/08 3:22 PM
Shootozen
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

omg...that melted pup and ring is AWESOME-
8/9/08 6:53 PM
Racer X

Shootozen - omg...that melted pup and ring is AWESOME-

I agree, but the story of how it got that way is one of grief,confusion,and loss.

I lost a job,an amp,thousands of dollars in irreplaceable vintage parts,and a chunk of curly maple the size of a shorty surfboard.

Oh, but I got this snazzy Gibson 1980 SG Exclusive out of the deal!!

This guitar was the source of the pickup ring on the new guitar. A Hamer had a better pickup, though the SG's both work fine.
8/11/08 7:30 PM
DasBeaver
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hot Damn!

Thats awe inspiring work.
6/23/09 8:15 PM
Racer X

Resurrected thread ttt
7/5/09 6:24 PM
Ryan Wood
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy shit that looks great!
7/6/09 9:56 PM
Ponyboy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/06/09 9:56 PM
Amazing!!

Love the "tendons" on the back of the neck as a representation of what the truss rod does.
7/6/09 11:03 PM
Racer X

Ponyboy, I have always considered you a smart guy from your posts, but DAMN,  it's like you were a fly on the wall when we talked about the design with that comment.

Daneen is in a class of her own when it comes to the "feel" of her work. If you can convey to her the attitude you want, she just  "gets it".  Sign of a true artist!
7/11/09 2:01 PM
Rawbass
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice, it needs it's own little designed case with Daneen and the scorpion!
8/22/09 8:20 PM
Shootozen
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

does she work for Jackson guitars?
8/22/09 8:54 PM
Racer X

Daneen has done work for Jackson,Kramer,Halo, as well as a few custom finishes for my customers. Go to her website and check out her galleries of work.

www.customairbrush.com
8/24/09 12:35 PM
Racer X

This is one she did for Jackson's NAMM display:

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.