UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> How to make homemade TACO shells! (vid link)

8/8/08 2:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Geronimo
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I made a video on how to make your own taco shells at home in about 5 to 10 minutes! Here's the link. Blue namers?

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1136953/homemade_taco_shells/
8/8/08 2:27 PM
crescentwrench
238 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that work?
8/8/08 2:31 PM
crescentwrench
238 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So, uh, he made a hot tortilla?  Is it crispy? 

I'll try it.  I did cringe a little though when he was scraping that metal spoon across his nonstick skillet.  Would it kill the guy to get some coated tongs? 
8/25/08 7:20 PM
Timothy Hellfire
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought this was fucking common knowledge? Back in the 80s when Ortega was the only company making shells, your alternative was to fry corn tortillas, which taste way more delicious than the pre packaged store crap. The only thing is, they'll suck up tons of oil.

RE: CW's comment, you have to really fry the tortilla, not just heat it up. You can also do the same thing if you wanna make 'homemade' tortilla chips. Instead of folding the tortilla, you cook it flat and chop it into four sections.
8/25/08 7:26 PM
crescentwrench

So it's like getting one of those molds and deep frying a tortilla then.

12/9/08 6:28 PM
jaydub
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol some people never learned the basics.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.