UnderGround Forums

Colorado Underground >> Gracie Barra Denver!

8/10/08 8:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BJJMadMonkey
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just got back from visiting Gracie Barra Denver. That place has everything under the sun! The Crossfit session I attended nearly killed me. I did 3 rounds of kettle bells, push-ups, wall-balls, sledge/tire, and 3x 200 meter runs with Dan Raabe. This guy is a damn GREAT trainer and wished I had him for the Pan Ams and World's. They offer so much it's unreal; Boxing with full regulation ring, Muay Thai, Krav Maga, BJJ, and Crossfit!

The Blue Belt Mike that teaches BJJ really does his best and puts his heart into every move. If you're in Denver and don't stop in to train you're missing out. I'll be back for sure. My hats off to Dan Raabe and to one of the best DAMN gyms I've ever visited and I've visited many.

Tim "TOCO" Lee
1/30/09 12:58 AM
irc

Yeah, the blue belt Mike is the instructor at that school. I'm shaking my head, dude. Please get to a school with a legit instructor. There are plenty in the area.
2/10/09 5:08 PM
BUFFGEO
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/23/09 5:20 PM
2/10/09 6:01 PM
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where is this place and how much are classes?

2/23/09 10:50 AM
BJJMadMonkey

Legit BB under ever rock? Which ROCKS? I didn't see anything in Denver that was that spectacular...All, I was saying is that what they offer is tight as HELL! From what I understand they did get a BB from Sao Paulo out of leibri's camp.
4/6/09 12:37 PM
BUFFGEO
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/23/09 5:20 PM
4/14/09 6:48 AM
BJJMadMonkey

BUGGGEO: I think you've missed the target on this one? Your every rock theory or rather "1/2 dozen" doesn't in any way discredit the efforts that GB Denver is attempting to make nor the progress they've made thus far.

At present ‘Carlos “Sapao” Ban’ is there in an attempt to get things up and running. If you've been on this forum since 01, even you know what it was like to have been a blue belt much less having to step-up and assume the role of a teacher. I've met Mike and he did his best with the little that he had...I'd say congrats are in order? GB Denver will also be one of the "1/2 dozen" or more schools to keep Colorado BJJ going strong.

Anyhow, it's not my home ground, Colorado, that is...So I don't need to google? It's Colorado.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.