UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Meniere's

8/11/08 2:01 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
freestyle_judo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been diagnosed with Meniere's and was wondering if anyone else here has it. It's been fucking with my training for a few years now (and I've lost 2 jobs because of it) - so I was thinking of getting a vestibular nerve section done.

Thoughts? Your storys??
8/25/08 12:32 PM
GaryG
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My Father has it. He did have surgery but I don't know the name of the procedure. He's had to severely restrict his alcohol and salt intake.

That hasn't completely cured him of symptoms but it’s vastly increased the quality of his life.

He still can't go on a boat without getting nauseous.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
8/26/08 11:56 PM
voltaire64
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have Meniere's, had it since 2001. Went through a very stressful period, gf had cancer, looking after my grandmother who had emphyseima, working 12 hours shifts and powerlifting. Grandmother died and one month later I get fullness in left ear, tinnitus, and dizzyness. Long story short, it went away, came back and came back to stay. Tried numerous medications, steroid injections in the ear, oral prednisone, chemotherapy drug methotrexate. Medications worked some but the side effects were brutal. Went bilateral about 2 years later, am presently wearing digital hearing aids. Sometimes they don't even help. Balance is fucked, I'm into yoga and it's a struggle for me with balancing poses. Tinnitus is 24/7. This is what bothered me the most when I wasn't dizzy and vomiting. I wasn't exactly suicidal but pretty close at times. Eventually you'll get used to it, I did.
I'm kinda buzzed on percocet right now for neck injury, check out the forums at www.menieres.org, there's wealth of information. Feel free to ask me any questions that you might have.
3/3/09 11:25 PM
caughtya
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know 2 people that have had this, Both recovered 100%.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.