UnderGround Forums

GolfGround >> My clubs...?

8/11/08 7:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jacob Lamb
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bought my first clubs the other day.

A set of Ping ISI irons.

Today I went back to Golfsmith and got a used Sasquatch Sumo driver and matching 4 wood.

I also got an Odyssey White Hot XG Rossie putter.

Any opinions of these clubs? I just started playing and I'm not that good yet. I average about a double bogey...?
8/11/08 7:07 PM
Jacob Lamb
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hit the Cleveland HiBore XLS driver at the store and it was great! It felt like it swung itself.

Probably averaged 290 yards with club speed around 108. The longest was 329.5 yards at 118 mph.

I would have bought one, but they didn't have any used ones and I can't see spending over $200 on a club when I suck this bad and might throw it in the pond. lol
8/12/08 4:11 PM
Jacob Lamb

I got the Sasquatch Sumo driver & 4 wood for $150.

MSRP for both is $560
8/13/08 8:56 AM
BigKiller
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FYI, 108 mph swing speed does not translate to 290 off the tee unless you have perfect launch conditions (you don't)

You basically just told us that you're longer than 75% of tour pros.
8/13/08 3:56 PM
Jacob Lamb

I don't know man.

The machine said that's my swing speed and distance.

I went to the driving range yesterday and slowed my swing down a little trying to hit the ball straight and I was landing past the 250 marker every time I didn't slice it big.

I weigh 265lbs...
8/13/08 7:07 PM
Jacob Lamb

Edited: 08/13/08 7:12 PM
I appreciate all the input.

I don't "feel" I hit it any certain distance.

I was just saying what the machine said. I don't know how accurate it is.

My cousin is 5'9" 170 and the machine said he hits 170-200 yards at 85 mph.

At the driving range there's a sign way out there that says "250" on it and when I hit the ball it lands past that sign. Maybe the sign is only 200 yards out. I don't know...

The course I play at has a 274 yard par 4, so I know I can hit it farther than that having done so. Usually I slice it out of bounds though. lol

I've only been playing about 5 weeks and I don't really know what's considered good distance or swing speed.

I'm not trying to come on here and sound cool or anything. I was just saying I hit farther and straighter with the Hibore XLS than with all the other clubs I tried.

I'm big and athletic and have good mechanics from teaching boxing/MMA/BJJ for a couple years. Hitting a golf ball is a lot like throwing a good left hook and I have a good left hook.

I'd gladly trade 250+ yards out of bounds for 200 yards in the fairway...

I'm working on 250+ yards in the fairway though. ; )

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.