UnderGround Forums

TattooGround >> Had 1st Session Of Laser Removal Done

8/13/08 12:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Thomas Hamilton
315 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ive got some lame tats from when I was 18 & 19 years old, i'm 33 now. I've been looking at getting some serious work done for awhile now, but first I need to lighten up the old stuff so it can be covered without looking like shit.

Removal is pretty intense, and I will have to have another round or 2 before I can proceed with the actual tattooing.  I have learned the importance of doing your research and finding a good artist, and the importance of thinking long and hard about what it is you want done, and if you plan on getting more work done in the future how the peices will flow together.

Harmony in tattoo work is essential imo.

Anyway, this shit is going to get expensive.

I'll post pics when the ink starts being applied.
8/13/08 2:07 PM
Raven1132
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hurts like shit huh? I have had 4 sessions so far with one or two left. I have black on my arm I am trying to get faded so I can put some light colors on it. How much are you paying? I paid $150 for the first session and $50 for the rest.
8/13/08 5:17 PM
Thomas Hamilton
315 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck.  I have 3 that im getting faded. paid 400 for the first session,  and will go in for the next one at the end of the month.  That shit is pretty uncomftorable.  I gave the artist 100 bucks to get the sketch done for the first half sleeve, then hes 150 an hour for the work.

Do these prices seem high?
8/16/08 3:17 PM
ArmbarCity
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds high to me.

I've had lasering done at Jinx Proof in DC and Immortal Images in Charlotte, NC for $150 a session. Usually they will work with you and let you sit for as long as you can and even do multiple areas for that amount.

Tattoo prices seem normal, although they recommend you wait at least a year after lasering to do cover-up work.
8/16/08 5:19 PM
Thomas Hamilton

Thanks ABC.
8/19/08 12:21 AM
MarioB
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABC is correct. I'm heading to Immortal here real soon.
8/25/08 1:35 AM
thefaint
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah... I started a black and grey asian themed sleeve a little over a month ago. I've only been in for two sessions, but I'm not too pleased with the way that things have turned out so far. Thankfully, most of it is still just the outline, but there are a few areas where there's too much black to just go in for a cover up so I'm thinking about doing the laser thing, too. I wish I lived closer to Charlotte, because $150 a session sounds like a deal. I'll be swinging through Garry's in Greenville tomorrow after class for a consultation and hopefully their prices are about the same.
9/5/08 1:27 PM
Thomas Hamilton

Had my second session of removal done a week ago. He cranked up teh laser and really got into it. I was bleeding from the get go, which was different because during the first session  I never bled.

Hopefully they will be dull enough to go over now without ever looking like they were there. One thing thats cool about this is that it gives you plenty of time to give thought and research exactly what you want done.
9/27/08 3:08 PM
thefaint
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just got back from my first session with Garry at Skin Grafix in Greenville, NC and I have to say that it's definitely not for the faint of heart. The piece on my right shoulder honestly wasn't that bad, but when we moved to the other side and started working on my chest, it was everything I could do to make myself sit still. The ink was really packed in there and the laser was popping like mad the entire time. Thankfully, most of the work was in black, which is supposed to be the easiest color to remove, so we don't think I'll have to sit through too many more sessions. The price was the same as Steve's up in Charlotte - $150 per session, regardless of how many areas you need to have worked on.
10/10/08 8:20 PM
DirtySanchez513

any where for 100-150 is about avg for a good artist the guy i use he charges about 140 and hr but i been gettin alot of work from him he does it for me for 100.00 an hour
9/5/09 3:22 PM
Dougie
1109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paid about 200 in early ninties for my one tat and now I have paid about 600 so far in laser removal with more sessions to come.

Yeah, 10 times the price and 10 times the sittings aprox to remove than to get.
9/5/09 5:41 PM
piratepirate
629 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You should post pictures of the process.
9/5/09 8:31 PM
Dougie
1109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They took a pic at the start and I have been comparing it. It's a ton lighter now after only 3 treatments.

They zap it and then you have to keep it covered with vasoline on it for 7 to 10 days after so it doesn't scab.

Then you wait 4 months or so and do it again. The time in between is to let you body do it's work to get rid of stuff.

It looks gross the day after though.
9/17/09 2:58 PM
HuntingtonPUNK

8 weeks is enough time between sessions
1/28/10 6:03 PM
Dougie

Just finished my 4th session today on my removal.
1/28/10 6:05 PM
Dougie

HuntingtonPUNK - 8 weeks is enough time between sessions

I have been doing about 4 to 6 months in between sessions and the Doc likes that. She says that in her experience that the longer wait in between the sessions has really been good for the removal process.
1/28/10 6:06 PM
Dougie

Not mine but it looks cool.

1/29/10 2:57 PM
Da Fiend
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

anyone ever heard of or used the wrecking balm stuff?
1/30/10 11:51 AM
Dougie

Da Fiend - anyone ever heard of or used the wrecking balm stuff?

Everyone I spoke to told me to stay away from it.
6/5/10 11:29 PM
salyer36
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

any updates?
6/6/10 12:38 PM
Dougie

Next treatment is a few months off still.
6/8/10 12:36 AM
salyer36
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/12/12 6:15 PM
ttt
6/9/10 5:16 PM
T-Ham

Probably wont all come out but you can have it removed enough to put something new over it.
6/9/10 7:45 PM
Dougie

It's a long process before you can tattoo over it.
6/9/10 9:34 PM
salyer36

Yea I figure I am pretty much beat. I have had good luck and made some good choices in life, but TWICE I have failed at tattoos haha. It kind of sucks because I love tattoos but for whatever reason it wasn't meant to be- which might be a good thing because if they went well I would probably be covered in them.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.