UnderGround Forums

TattooGround >> Had 1st Session Of Laser Removal Done

6/10/10 5:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ArmbarCity
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

salyer36 - Yea I figure I am pretty much beat. I have had good luck and made some good choices in life, but TWICE I have failed at tattoos haha. It kind of sucks because I love tattoos but for whatever reason it wasn't meant to be- which might be a good thing because if they went well I would probably be covered in them.
No reason why you can't get rid of ALL of it.

There are some inks that just don't respond, and you definitely need to find someone with the best laser possible (high spectrum), but just because you have a cover-up doesn't mean that they both can't be removed.

I've known people with 3 tattoos, cover-up of a cover-up AND the original, and the laser got ALL of it...eventually.

6/10/10 7:31 PM
salyer36
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Armbar-

That is definitely some good news. I have the cash so that won't be an issue. Any advice for which laser to look for and determining what is a high spectrum?

Also, what do you think about not putting sun block on it and letting the sun get to it a little bit? Would that help the process?
6/10/10 10:28 PM
Dougie
987 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

salyer36 - Also, what do you think about not putting sun block on it and letting the sun get to it a little bit? Would that help the process?

I was told that was not a good thing to do. The tanning process blocks the laser or something.
6/10/10 10:39 PM
ArmbarCity
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dougie - 
salyer36 - Also, what do you think about not putting sun block on it and letting the sun get to it a little bit? Would that help the process?

I was told that was not a good thing to do. The tanning process blocks the laser or something.

No reason why tanning wouldn't help fade the tattoo. I can't imagine any reason it would hinder the laser.

6/10/10 10:52 PM
salyer36
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the sun help fades it, but when you actually go in to get the laser treatment, you shouldn't have a sun tan or your arms should even be pale because its helps your skin/the ink absorb the laser. I could be wrong
6/10/10 11:52 PM
ArmbarCity

salyer36 - I think the sun help fades it, but when you actually go in to get the laser treatment, you shouldn't have a sun tan or your arms should even be pale because its helps your skin/the ink absorb the laser. I could be wrong

I'll ask my laser guy, but I can't see how this would possibly make a difference. The laser blasts the ink apart, and the pigment of your skin has nothing to do with it...
6/10/10 11:57 PM
salyer36

Yea I could be wrong, but I thought that is why tattoos are easier to remove from light toned/white skin then dark/black skin.
6/11/10 2:32 AM
ArmbarCity

salyer36 - Yea I could be wrong, but I thought that is why tattoos are easier to remove from light toned/white skin then dark/black skin.

Never heard of any such thing. It's dependent on the ink more than anything else. With over 100 different types of tattoo ink in use and none regulated by the FDA, the response to the laser will vary. I could be mistaken, but since the laser is affecting the ink, I don't really see how skin tone would matter.

My guy uses a RevLite laser. Generally, the higher the spectrum, the more colors of ink the laser can target and the more effective it will be. He's been doing it about 13 years, and that's also a factor. I've seen people get fucked up by laser operators who didn't know what they were doing.
6/11/10 7:14 PM
Dougie
987 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All I can tell you is that my clinic told me that I was not to get a tan in that spot and keep it covered up because it makes it easier to do treatments on.
6/11/10 7:16 PM
ArmbarCity

Dougie -  All I can tell you is that my clinic told me that I was not to get a tan in that spot and keep it covered up because it makes it easier to do treatments on.

Interesting.

Just emailed my guy... awaiting his answer.
6/11/10 7:24 PM
Dougie

I go here.

www.cumberlandlaserclinic.com
6/11/10 7:26 PM
ArmbarCity

I was 100% wrong. I guess he never mentioned it to me because I have about 70% body coverage in tattoos and don't tan as a general rule. Even if I wasn't tattooed, I still wouldn't tan.

He said: "A tan mostly just buries the tattoo under a filter of tanned skin.  The more pale the skin is, the more effective the laser will be with less risks of pigmentation issues, etc."

I still have no idea how this works logistically, but he's the man and I take his word for it. It doesn't affect me either way, but good to know I guess.
6/11/10 7:33 PM
Dougie

I wonder if you bleach the skin before a treatment would it make it more effective?
6/30/10 10:31 AM
trent205
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

man i dont care what the dr.'s say man that cant be good for your skin! yikes! 
10/6/10 10:06 PM
Dougie

Laser removal treatment number 5 is done. They have a newer laser now with even more light frequencies and the doc was all too eager to try them out. Ha!

I tried to get video but they were damn busy and didn't have an extra nurse to hold the vid cam. Sorry all. Maybe next time i will bring someone with me to get it on video.
10/6/10 10:18 PM
Dougie

Only 5 more or so to go!
10/6/10 11:04 PM
Dougie

Took a pic of it at least. Again, wish I could have got video of the actual event.
10/6/10 11:05 PM
Dougie

10/29/10 12:32 PM
theBEAToff
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb420/theBEAToff215/removalscar.jpg
10/30/10 4:08 PM
Dougie

theBEAToff - http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb420/theBEAToff215/removalscar.jpg

10/31/10 8:02 PM
C1010
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol
11/2/10 9:15 PM
NCAA92
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LMAO
8/12/12 3:26 PM
salyer36

Any updates?
8/12/12 10:03 PM
Dougie

Not yet. Have to book another session soon.
8/15/12 7:11 PM
WallaWalla
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im in the same position as OP, except  im 22.. I got a big sized tattoo on my back when i turned 18,, Now i realize how much of a huge canvas was wasted and looking into laser removal.. 

few questions...

In comparison to pain. Worse than the tattoo?

Does the removal cost about the same as the tattoo?

And I have bold, thick, black on my back... Multiple sessions to fade the black out?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.