UnderGround Forums

TattooGround >> Had 1st Session Of Laser Removal Done

8/16/12 8:24 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dougie
1050 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1) Pain wise, it's just a different kind of pain imo. Both are bearable.

2) No. It is about 10 times the amount to get a tattoo removed than put on.

3) Always multiple session to get rid of a tattoo. Inks are not very regulated and it's hard to tell what someone would have used in making it. Also, what kind of laser used makes a difference. Count on multiple session no matter what.
8/16/12 12:54 PM
WallaWalla
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks dougie Phone Post
8/17/12 7:30 PM
Dougie
1050 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No worries. When I get my next trip done I'll try to remember to post more pics.
11/25/12 11:25 PM
Dougie

Going to be booking a session soon for another round of laser removal.

1/29/13 2:18 PM
Dougie

So I had my latest session today. I was going to video it but the clinic has decided to no longer allow people to video the session. (They did say if someone wants to come watch, they are more than welcome to sit and watch it done)

Anyway, this is number 6. I'm not sure how much more will be removed but the Doc was very happy with the way it looks. It seems the longer you wait in between sessions the better off you are. I got busy and waited almost a year between sessions. The Doc said in that time it got much lighter than they usually do if you rush it.

Apparently if you try to do removal sessions too close together it can cause the skin to go white and kill all colour and you end up with a white blotch. She suggested our original plan of doing it every 6 months to allow my body time to recover and remove. So I guess around the fall I will do it again.

1/29/13 2:20 PM
Dougie

Also, they have updated their laser with more light spectrums. So they used different laser spectrums on it as some colours are more receptive to some lasers.

Mine has black, yellow, and green with some white, so the yellow and green are the tough ones.

This was a little more painful as she went over the whole thing a few times with different spectrums to try and get more of it out.

3/16/13 3:48 PM
DiazsBongWater
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

had my first session 3 weeks ago on my inside forearm, shit is still scabbed to death very painfull and itchy! the itching is the worst feeling ive ever had!
healing area looks pretty scarred. gonna go to a clinic for my next sitting rather than a parlor.

does this sound normal?
3/16/13 4:41 PM
Dougie

It's not supposed to scab. I keep vasoline over it while it heals and avoid the scabbing.

3/16/13 4:51 PM
DiazsBongWater
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was told to smother it in aloe Vera gel or hydrocortisone cream. I did both.

It burned the top layer of skin clean off! I was looking at my arm from the side and the treated areas were actually below the surface like an indentation, it was raw for like 10 days now its scabbed over...

Not impressed with his performance (in French accent) Phone Post
3/16/13 5:02 PM
Dougie

I like to put polysporin on it and then cover with vasoline and then a patch covered with vasoline over it and change it daily.

As a few days go by the top layer does tend to come off and such.

As far as I know, it's bad if it scabs. That's what causes scarring.

4/21/13 9:49 PM
letsgobois
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dougie how big was your tattoo? The size of a cassette case?

4/23/13 10:15 PM
Dougie

letsgobois - 

Dougie how big was your tattoo? The size of a cassette case?

Yes.

4/28/13 5:54 PM
angrypirate
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

is this something that is covered by med insurance? not sure if tattoo removal is a treatment that is covered.
4/28/13 6:03 PM
Dougie

It's not covered for me because it isn't something that affects my ability to live or my appearance. The tattoo is hidden.

I am doing this for my own personal reasons.
5/2/13 12:53 PM
letsgobois

I'm leaving in an hour to go to Edmonton for my first laser removal session. He advised me to put emla cream on it before hand so I'll try that out. I'll document my progress and keep you guys posted. Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 7:39 PM
letsgobois

First sesssion finished. I was pretty nervous right before he did it because I didn't know what to expect but when he did the test shots I was like "Really?". Maybe because the tattoo is on the ribs, it was painful to get so getting it lazered off felt less painful than getting it. Like a slower needle that had a little electric shock, and only took 10 minutes max. I'm pretty sure the emla cream took a huge deal of pain away, and also using cold air before, during and after helped a great deal. Afterwards it just feels like after you get a tattoo and now it just feels weird. Much better than I had anticipated and this won't be an issue to get rid of. I'm very curious to see what it's going to look like in the next few weeks. I'll post some pictures after it heals a bit to track progression.

5/2/13 8:48 PM
Dougie

You used the cream?

**sigh**
5/3/13 12:56 PM
letsgobois

He told me it would make it tolerable, I wasn't going to prove the professional wrong. I think I'm lucky it was all
Black because today it feels normal. Only when I showered the warm water irritated it but no pain. Phone Post 3.0
5/3/13 1:44 PM
Dougie

Just busting your balls.

After a few treatments it fades quick.

Then the next few treatments are slow to fade.
5/4/13 8:20 PM
letsgobois

Already I'm noticing some of the thin black lines are going away. Have you ever had a session without any cold air, just straight up laser?

5/5/13 12:08 AM
Dougie

letsgobois - 

Already I'm noticing some of the thin black lines are going away. Have you ever had a session without any cold air, just straight up laser?

All my session are straight up laser. No ice packs, no numbing cream, no nothing.

I walk in. Lay down and they go to work. Then they patch up, and I walk out.
6/17/13 3:51 PM
DiazsBongWater

Just had second session, much easier than the first.

9/5/13 6:53 AM
fathalpert
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm going through it right now, just had my first session about 10 days ago. The pain was more intense than getting the tatt, but only took about 5 minutes total. Felt like boiling grease being splattered on the tat. Afterwards it felt like a sunburn for about 3 days then just itched quite a bit. No blisters, just swelling and redness for a couple of days.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.