UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> Nissan Versa for $1?!

8/16/08 12:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
big_slacker
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/16/08 12:11 PM

Its true. A local dealership here in vegas is giving away a versa for $1 if you buy a new titan, armada, pathfinder or quest at MSRP. Guess the gas guzzlers aren't doing moving so well...... ;) 

8/18/08 3:19 PM
Mark1
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its been done before.  I remember free Aveos with a Tahoe.

However, the Aveo was a lease, and you had to purchase the Tahoe.

I don't know if I would consider a Quest a "gas-guzzler"....

Mark

8/19/08 12:11 AM
bkarimib
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My friend bought a Versa as a 2nd car, and a work commuuter.
He thinks it's a great budget/economy car.
8/19/08 9:41 AM
big_slacker
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

16 mpg in the city=gas guzzler to me. Course my ride get 40+ and my wife's 20+
8/19/08 9:49 AM
Mark1

Yeah, but you can't haul 4 kids and their requisite crap around.

I agree with the SUVs being gas hogs, but the minivan may be getting labeled unfairly.  (To be fair, the quest does have lower mpg figures for the minivan class)

Mark

8/20/08 3:06 PM
Mark1

slacker,

Can you post the link?  I'd like to see the details....

Something like this would work great for me.  Since I don't NEED a small car to commute (3 miles each way) I could drive a Pathfinder daily without a problem.  However, if I needed to drive on a longer trip, I oculd use the Versa.

I could have the versitility of the big SUV, but the option to drive a compact car on the long trips...

Mark
8/21/08 10:05 AM
big_slacker

Link

But I don't know that there are any details. You can call them on it.
8/21/08 11:18 AM
Mark1

I think the way it works is this:

You have to buy the SUV at MSRP, say $40k.  The small car is probably a lease 24 or 30 months.

The SUV probably has a big rebate, maybe $5k.  And there probably is a dealer rebate too, maybe $1k.

You pay the $40k fo rthe truck, and the dealer gets the rebates.  Those rebates can offset the price of the lease payments.  At the end of the term, you give the small car back.

Mark
8/25/08 10:28 AM
big_slacker

If it is a lease that is useless. How am I supposed to buy both, sell the truck at a 5k loss and basically get a new car for 5k? ;)
8/28/08 6:29 PM
Atecexa

basically how it works atlerast with the Nissan dealer next to us is that there is so much discount room off sticker on one of those things that you coudl seriously take about $10k+ off before they start losing money...and they are selling so poorly now dealers will take true losses to move one, so if it means giving away a super cheap Versa to move a Titan or Armada off the lot then they will do it

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.