UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> technical writing or physical therapy?

8/16/08 6:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
chef kwon do
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/16/08 6:24 PM

i'm probably going back to school in january. i need to figure out which direction to go. (edit for spelling)
8/17/08 12:29 PM
MikeD
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My wife is an English teacher but always wished she would have gone into technical business writing. I think they make good money and I believe there is a good market for it.
8/21/08 12:33 AM
John9821

my buddie writes the pilot manuals for USair, kinda strange.

He has no experience with flying but writes the manuals for inflight pilots
8/22/08 2:21 PM
BarkLikeADog

I took a couple of technical writing classes & consider it the foundation of my engineering business. Couldn't imagine it as a major or a career, though. Are you asking about a class or a major?
8/25/08 3:08 AM
chef kwon do
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are you asking about a class or a major?

i was asking about majors.

enrolled last minute at a community college for fall semester. they have a technical writing a.a and a.s. i might be able to transfer into a technical communication or professional writing b.a. at a nearby university.

i was a semester away from an english b.a. in my home state but couldn't pass the old and middle english requirements. but i did well in fiction, grammar, and editing classes.

right now i work nights in a restaurant. i just want to find a decent paying daytime career so i can have nights open for training.
8/25/08 7:36 AM
BarkLikeADog

Associate's degrees are just about worthless, especially if you've already put in the time for a bachelor's. I would strongly encourage you to knuckle down & finish the english degree. If you insist that's just not possible, at least transfer whatever you can into some other bachelors program. Don't waste your time & money going backwards.
8/29/08 11:39 PM
chef kwon do

BarkLikeADog - Associate's degrees are just about worthless, especially if you've already put in the time for a bachelor's. I would strongly encourage you to knuckle down & finish the english degree. If you insist that's just not possible, at least transfer whatever you can into some other bachelors program. Don't waste your time & money going backwards.

thanks, blad...
yeah saving time and money does make sense. the easiest thing would be to get a creative writing b.a.
8/30/08 10:00 AM
MikeD

You'll have much better career options with your first two suggestions.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.