UnderGround Forums

GolfGround >> So my Handicap Index is now +0.3

8/18/08 1:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BigKiller
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was a good weekend.

67-65.  For the 65, I hit 14 GIRs, got up and down on 3 of the greens I missed and chipped in on the other. 

I guess I'm officially a scratch golfer.

Good thing I'm not competing anytime soon as getting this handicap to go up will be fucking impossible now that a bogey is the worst score I can enter for handicap purposes on any hole.

Bask in my awesomeness.
8/18/08 1:36 PM
Animal Chin
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

but that's on canadian courses.  they don't count.
8/18/08 1:38 PM
BigKiller

Actually, depending on the exchange rate, my Handicap index in the US ranges from 1.0 - +2.0
8/18/08 1:55 PM
Animal Chin
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

goddammit.

8/20/08 3:07 PM
BigKiller

I'm seriously not getting enough love for this.
8/20/08 3:32 PM
Animal Chin

it's because no one can compliment you they way you do, so we're not even going to try

j/k.  good job, dude.  great comeback.
8/20/08 8:04 PM
AGSa

Is this an official USGA handi?

What is your course rating/slope?
8/21/08 8:07 AM
BigKiller

Official RCGA handicap.
8/21/08 11:15 AM
BigKiller

Rating is 70.9 and slope is 133 not that it matters since you Handicap Index takes these figures into account  (ie. shooting 75 on a US open track is better for your handicap than shooting 69 on some muni goat track)

8/21/08 11:20 AM
Animal Chin

yeah, 70.9 isn't a very hard course.

what course is it?

8/21/08 11:23 AM
BigKiller

Blue Springs.

One of the Clublink courses.
8/21/08 12:26 PM
AGSa

BigKiller - Rating is 70.9 and slope is 133 not that it matters since you Handicap Index takes these figures into account (ie. shooting 75 on a US open track is better for your handicap than shooting 69 on some muni goat track)

Yeah, I know this. I was just wondering what your course plays like.
8/21/08 12:58 PM
Animal Chin

nice looking course.  lot's of sand protecting the greenas.  looks like you might be fucked if you miss too many of them.

that s curve hole looks like it can be a bitch.
8/21/08 1:19 PM
BigKiller

The greens are the toughest thing about the course.

Fast, lots of break and HUGE.

The 14th green is 46 YARDS front to back.
8/21/08 2:21 PM
Animal Chin

sounds like a fazio course.  fallen oak's greens are the biggest i've ever seen.

they are also hard to as hell to putt.  watch that thing sept 15th with azinger and faldo and you'll see what i'm talking about. 

8/21/08 2:33 PM
BigKiller

We're redoing the bunkers as well.

The "S" hole, # 9, actually isn't that hard.  In 10 years when the trees are taller, you won't be able to cut the corner off the tee and the hole will play 150yds longer if you don't hit a big fade.

It's definitely a faders course so that adds to the challenge for me as I hit about 1 intentional fade/month.
8/21/08 2:42 PM
Animal Chin

i hit a draw too and that's why it looks hard.

i fucking love google earth.

8/21/08 2:50 PM
BigKiller

Hardest holes for me are 2 (200+yd par 3 for the 2nd tee shot of the day), 7 (NEED to hit the fairway with length to have a chance at getting it close), 8 (tough tee shot over water to a narrow fairway) and 12 (just a shitty mess of a par 5, my least favorite hole)

9, 10, 13 and 14 aren't particularly hard but, if you don't hit a fade, it's easy to drive the ball through the fairway.
8/21/08 3:00 PM
Animal Chin

looks fun.

if you have google earth, check out my place, magnolia grove.  i can sit around all day and look at courses all over the world.  this shit is addicting.
9/2/08 11:10 AM
BigKiller

+1.0 now
10/14/08 10:16 AM
hotshot123
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Animal Chin - looks fun.

if you have google earth, check out my place, magnolia grove.  i can sit around all day and look at courses all over the world.  this shit is addicting.

Nice

my course of choice here in alabama is called capitol hill. Part of the robert trent jones trail in alabama. this location has 3 courses and the judge is by far my favorite. they have a nice links couse too and they have had a couple of big events there. 2 weeks ago they had an lpga event here.
10/14/08 7:02 PM
Animal Chin

magnolia grove is also one of the trail sites.  the lpga was here 2 weeks before prattville.

i can play any course on the trail for free and i've been thinking about going up to capitol hill.  if i do, i'll let you know.  i should be able to take care of you also.
10/4/10 2:48 PM
hotshot123
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

damn, its been 2 years since i came to visit golfground?? holy shit. o well, thats whata divorce will do for you i guess. chin are you still around?? did you ever get to prattville??
10/4/10 4:07 PM
Animal Chin

yessir.

since then, i've been to capitol hill several times. was just up there last month for a titleist pro day and played the legislator. i've played several times since this thread was made though. nice place. there was also a spot open up there in the shop. probably could've gotten it, but i've got it pretty good here right now.

let me know if you come to mobile.
10/4/10 4:27 PM
hotshot123

i had a ruff patch and didnt pick up a club since probably before this thread was started. i just went out about a week ago and got my itch to play again. it had been so long that my grips were coming apart in my hands (about 4 year old winn)...anyway, yeah i re-gripped and went again and i think i will prolly get back to playing regular. i forgot how much i enjoyed things like golf.

Did u notice the new muni 9 hole right off the interstate in montgomery?? its right smack in the center of the ghetto but damn for a 9 hole muni, it sure is nice.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.