UnderGround Forums

GolfGround >> So my Handicap Index is now +0.3

10/4/10 11:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BigKiller
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if you can afford it, get new sticks.

It's amazing how much technology in golf improves in 4 years.
10/5/10 6:56 AM
hotshot123
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

im sure it has man and i wish i could afford it but sadly its not happening anytime soon. hahaha my grips had not been used in 4 years but my clubs are even older. not sure what year i bought my current set of irons but they are calloway x14 so that should hint as to how old they are. im guessing 10 years? the upside is everything fits so it was like putting on an old pair of gloves. the first time i went out i only played 9 holes and shot 3 over. i was elated and dying to go back but i started thinking too much and the next time i played horrible hahahhhahhaa

10/6/10 4:44 PM
BigKiller

Look for a new driver if anything. Biggest technology jump there.

10/7/10 1:16 PM
hotshot123
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ok yeah, maybe ill treat myself to a new christmas present if i can catch a demo days somewhere between now and then. it would be hard for me to change irons anyway. i love those things i have now and even with a four year layoff, i went right back to heitting them decent (i never was great but i got down to around 8 before i quit).

the one thing ive noticed about drivers is the size.. man those things are huge!! Mine is like 350cc and back then it was a monster compared to most but now it looks like a 3 wood in size. hahahahaha
10/7/10 1:22 PM
BigKiller

The drivers are bigger but lighter too. Shafts are much better.

If you're getting one club, get fitted on a launch monitor
10/8/10 1:18 AM
Ze Dano
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hotshot123 - ok yeah, maybe ill treat myself to a new christmas present if i can catch a demo days somewhere between now and then. it would be hard for me to change irons anyway. i love those things i have now and even with a four year layoff, i went right back to heitting them decent (i never was great but i got down to around 8 before i quit).

the one thing ive noticed about drivers is the size.. man those things are huge!! Mine is like 350cc and back then it was a monster compared to most but now it looks like a 3 wood in size. hahahahaha

^^^this^^^....I had a titleist 975D for a few years..S300 shaft...hit it just fine...couldnt bear the thought of another driver

2 years ago I decided to get hip and buy a new driver...got a Hogan CS-3 (with Aldila NV-S70 shaft)...absolutely the best driver I have ever hit

It's funny looking down at the old Titleist, thinking "how the hell did I ever hit this thing???"
10/8/10 3:56 PM
hotshot123

before i even consider a fitting, i need to get back to where i can hit the one i got. As i mentioned, i quit cold turkey and just started back. I cant believe how well ive been hitting my irons but i might have hit 1 driver in the sweet spot since starting back. For some reason, i get too quick and hit off the toe every fucking time...ill get it tho, and when i do then i will look into getting something new. I have played 4 times (9 holes) and have not hit a practice shot yet. I need to make some driving range time and get serious about this shit again.
10/13/10 2:28 PM
BigKiller

You have to remember, clubs are built to maximize the technology of the day. Using a new Pro V1 with an old driver isn't going to give you max benefit. New drivers are designed to be used with new balls. Seriously, drivers that came out late last year or early this year are half price now.
10/16/10 9:37 AM
taba
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3rd place in my flight in my club's championship!
10/17/10 10:15 AM
Animal Chin
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what course?
10/18/10 11:20 AM
taba
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd rather not say, chin, sorry. I work in the middle east and naming the course would identify my employer.

feeling pretty good. though I'll be taking nov and half of dec off and will probably forget how to play by my return.
12/10/10 5:00 AM
PR
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/10/10 5:01 AM
Wow scratch is impressive.

I was hardcore into golf for a couple years... started at ~16 handicap when I got serious, got down to 8 easily (had been under 10 before... was just a matter of playing enough to stop hitting terrible shots and taking 6+ penalty shots a game), slowed and plateaued for the first time at a 6... put in a bunch of good practice and swing changes, jumped down to a 4, then practiced and played my ass off to get to 3.2.

Then plateaued. At that level its so fucking hard to even cut a stroke off your game.

Especially for me, as my game was a short-game guy with only medium length. My scores didn't vary much. Whereas a super-long hitter buddy of mine varied widely in scoring... but because of the way handicaps work, its much easier for him to lower his index than me even though my scoring average was lower.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.