UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> Trucktrend = BS! Hummer & Jeep lose to girl ricer

8/19/08 1:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jkdandforrestfan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So offroaders are afraid to fight? I am pretty sure Matt Hughes is into that. Your gonna say hughes is afraid to fight? Id like to see you say that to his face. LOL
8/19/08 1:22 PM
sacredhate
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jkdandforrestfan - So offroaders are afraid to fight? I am pretty sure Matt Hughes is into that. Your gonna say hughes is afraid to fight? Id like to see you say that to his face. LOL

Matt Hughes should be afraid to fight these days...actually I think he probably is.
8/19/08 1:32 PM
jkdandforrestfan

What a surprise to see forrestfan come on here and try and turn this into some sort of gay stalker fantasy. Your hybird drivers usually swing that way but keep that stuff off my thread!
8/19/08 1:59 PM
KenFlo=#1P4P
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lalala
8/19/08 2:35 PM
pe0

Lets look at some results for the Paris Dakar rally shall we...

One thing is for sure... Ricers aint any use off road.

2007 Mitsubishi Pajero
2006 Mitsubishi Pajero
2005 Mitsubishi Pajero
2004 Mitsubishi Pajero
2003 Mitsubishi Pajero
2002 Mitsubishi Pajero
2001 Mitsubishi Pajero
2000 Schlesser-Renault Buggy
1999 Schlesser-Renault Buggy
1998 Mitsubishi Pajero
1997 Mitsubishi Pajero
1996 Citroën ZX
1995 Citroën ZX
1994 Citroën ZX
1993 Mitsubishi Pajero
1992 Mitsubishi Pajero
1991 Citroën ZX
1990 Peugeot 405 T16
1989 Peugeot 405 T16
1988 Peugeot 205 T16
1987 Peugeot 205 T16
1986 Porsche 959
1985 Mitsubishi Pajero
1984 Porsche 911
1983 Mercedes 280 G
1982 Renault 20
1981 Range Rover
1980 Volkswagen Iltis
1979 Range Rover

Peace
8/19/08 3:01 PM
NHBDaddy
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol
My Tacoma has pulled out Blazers, Broncos, Rangers, Jeeps, and even an Expedition stuck on a sandbar at the beaCH
8/19/08 11:35 PM
jkdandforrestfan

Must of been driver error. No way a Bronco or Jeep is gonna get pulled out by a ricer Toyota or Nissan. White347LX is right and your all wrong. LOL @ a Nissan beating a H3 and a Jeep.
8/20/08 12:26 AM
Lord Humoungous

First of all the Magazine is Truck Trend NOT Peterson's 4 wheel and off road.I believe the article is about the best overall and the Jeep will always score very low on the Highway.

In the article they pretty much used the Jeep for anything hairy before any of the other vehicles.The Jeep Rubicon is the ONLY mass produced factory made vehicle that is Trail worthy.
Anybody that is a 4 wheel drive expert will tell you that.
It has a Solid axle and Lockers front and rear.
Every one of those other vehicles would be buried in muck or hung up before the Rubicon.
That being said the only Hummer that is really worth a damn offroad is the Humvee.These suburban SUV versions are not made for offroad.They have independent front suspension's and I am not even sure if they come with a limited slip option in the rear.They are actually a Silverado with a Hummer top

As for the Toyotas yes their are alot on the trail's but older Toyotas have solid front axle and tons of parts.They had really good gearing in them also.you also see older Suzuki's Sidekicks out there also because of the solid front axle and gearing
8/20/08 12:31 AM
Lord Humoungous

Edited: 08/20/08 12:33 AM
"xterras were nothing in the past, but nissan has been building better vehicles while jeep has been cutting corners since 1999, so i would belive that it could be a better equipped vehicle at this point."The Jeep Rubicon is probably the best ever mass produced off the factory floor offroad vehicle ever.Dana 44's Front and RearFront and Rear LockersStock 31 inch Tires411 gears
They came out with the Rubicon in 2003.
8/20/08 12:36 AM
Lord Humoungous

" actually, anyone who goes offroad knows that commercial hummers are a joke, and jeeps are built, not bought."

I agree Commercial Hummers are a Joke.They are for Rappers and Rich people.Although the Rubicon is pretty much ready off the lot.All you need is a 4inch lift and 33's and you are done.No need for gears lockers axles etc etc.
8/20/08 12:41 AM
Lord Humoungous

"Actually - I'm pretty sure the H3 is considered a decent off-road truck."

"Thats what I always thought Road Warrior Fin. Ignore the internet nerds and lets have a serious discussion!"

Unless it is a original Humveee with lockers,36 inch tires,on the fly air deflation system etc etc.ITS NOT MADE FOR 4 WHEELING.

You can u tube idiot rich kids getting their IFS snapped on trails with those H2's 3's etc etc
8/20/08 12:47 AM
Lord Humoungous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YacG9PkGtI

Here is a Civillian Hummer with a bunch of Bolt ons and a driver that is clueless.
8/20/08 1:24 AM
rhino x2
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the exterra is actually a real good off roader,better than the new jeeps,trailblazers/h3,h2,suburbans,ect. stock its nissans best 4x4 with the off road option. Its a better stock 4x4 than most trucks for less money. I like 4runners aswell but are alot more $$$
8/20/08 1:24 AM
rhino x2
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/20/08 1:25 AM
dbl post
8/20/08 4:29 PM
Lord Humoungous

"the exterra is actually a real good off roader,better than the new jeeps,....."

No offense but you have no clue wtf you are saying. To beat a Rubicon..Nothing mass produced off the Factory floor there is going to.If you do any 4 wheeling you know this

I was actually suprised that the Xterra come with a rear locking differential.That is pretty cool and definitley kicks it up a notch..But it is still a 3x3 not a 4x4

Jeep Rubicon:
Dana 44's front and rear
410 gears
Solid Front Axle
Lockers front and rear
Easy to lift and Tons of aftermarket parts

Xterra:
Weak Independent front suspension
1 locker in rear
Unknown Gear ratio
Unknown Dana axle in rear
Expensive to lift and very minimal aftermarket parts..Mostly Boltons.
8/20/08 4:33 PM
Lord Humoungous

That being said I would love to have an Xterra..I think they look pretty sweet.I do like the Landcruisers too but the Xterra looks tighter.The Offroad package with the Locker is pretty cool.I am glad companies are understanding that open differentials are a joke and calling it a 4x4 is pretty much a lie.I have seen people get suck with open differentials and a car with front wheel drive got further than them!
8/20/08 4:50 PM
Nelson
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

While living in Puerto Rico, i owned and Xterra because the roads are bad and because there are a lot of country trails that require a bit of an off road kick and the Xterra performed remarkably.

When i moved to Virginia, i bought an H3 because i would NOT be going off road and wanted a large SUV and the Hummer was a vehicle that i always liked the way it looked. When i found out i could get an H3 in Virginia at the price i got my Xterra in Puerto Rico (suv/luxury vehicle tax), then i bought it. Its comfortable, its big, it solid and i'm on the road A LOT so i got the all leather interior with all the bells and whistles.

If i would have had ANY intention fo going off road every now and then, i gladly would have gone back to the Xterra because i trust it more than the H3.

8/20/08 6:31 PM
max power
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/20/08 7:32 PM
Sonestersambo

FJ CRUISER ALL DAY
8/21/08 8:12 AM
jkdandforrestfan

Toyota says it is gonna stop making FJ Cruisers. Now all we have to hope 4 is Nissan to do the same and we will only have real off roaders being made and no more ricer bs,.
8/26/08 2:34 PM
Lord Humoungous

^^^LOL@ Ricers..what are you some 70 year old man?...Get with the times..The vehicles and parts you think are being made here in the US are probably being made overseas and the stuff you think is made overseas is made in the US anymore.

My buddy used to work at a Toyota plant here in the good ole US of A.

The parts are ordered for my 75 Chevy Blazer were all from an overseas company

^^Toyota made Landcruisers in the seventies that were badass.Pretty much comparable to a Jeep back then but with better gearing

My buddy had one with a 350 and Lockers front and rear with 35's Boggers....This thing was unstoppable!
8/26/08 2:39 PM
Lord Humoungous

And as your original post Truck trend is not a 4 wheeling magazine so it does not suprise me they picked the Xterra.

I would however take a Xterra over on of the H3's though..Mainly because of wheel base and looks and honestly wtf is the point of an H3?..It's the size of a Tank and ugly All I see is rich spoiled kids driving those or old rich guys showing their balls.
8/26/08 3:36 PM
StrikeAnywhere
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/26/08 3:36 PM
 I liked this troll better the first time when it was about the ZO6 and GT-R.....sequels seldom live up to the original

8/26/08 4:17 PM
rhino x2

ah ya i know what im talkin about, you realize jeeps have the worst customer satisfaction of ALL trucks!

Im talking stock vehicles and overall ratings. The xterra is a better truck. If your gonna build a rock climber ok buddy the jeep is better.

Also I was referring to the jeep cherokee and liberty and that big ugly expensive one and such. The jeeps suv's more so than the jeep jeeps.
8/26/08 5:31 PM
Lord Humoungous

White34LX-H3's definitley have alot of ground clearance for stock.Pretty much all large SUV's now are coming with bigger than 33 inch tires almost.Most mid size are coming with 31's.

Wasn't like that back in the day..Both my 70's blazer and Jimmy came with 215's stock..That is insane!

rhino x2-"Also I was referring to the jeep cherokee and liberty and that big ugly expensive one and such. The jeeps suv's more so than the jeep jeeps."

I know what I am talking about too..Buddy..lol

But were are both comparing Apples to Oranges..I am going by the Jeep Rubicon that was in the test..I am sure you are right as I know I am...Out of the Cherokee and Liberty I much rather have a Xterra or a Landcruiser.I have 3 friends who work at the main Chrysler plant in Fenton Mo..1 friend just bought ironically a Nissan Xterra after having major problems with a Dodge Nitro and a Jeep Liberty..Both those were brand new vehicles too.

I am a Hardcore 4 wheeler.Have been building 4 wheel drives and running them for the past 16 years.Before that my Dad was Hardcore wheeler and i was handing him Wrenches.so i have grown up around Trucks,Jeeps etc etc..I don't know much about overall performance or comfort or air conditioning or Motor Trend crap.I read Peterson's 4 wheel and off road and Offroad Magazine.I know what works on a Trail,What is easy to fix,What is Crap.

Any new vehicle with a Independent Front Suspension is not made for Hardcore wheeling.I would even say Medium wheeling either.I have had friends who have had and even put on IFS lifts with the tires and even gear changes.IFS's are not made for wheeling unless it is a built race truck.They are made for comfort and ride.Yes they can work put you will be replacing a ton of parts alot.

The Jeep Rubicon is made for 1 thing and that is 4 wheeling.Petersons named it #1 4wd many years in a row.Infact I think they had to pretty much take it out of teh running because their has not been any other vehicle that has come near it in 4wd readiness and performance.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.