UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Gota any good canned tuna recipes??

8/19/08 11:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MikeZev
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hit me, I have a plethora of this shit right now....
8/19/08 2:04 PM
drunkenfighter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think I tried them all back in my body building days (puffs out chest).

I was so desperate make tuna edible, I used a blender to mix a can in water and drink it (just so I could get it down easier) - I ended up gagging.

However, if you are looking for a high protein meal - this was my favorite . . .

Tuna Burgers

- 1 egg (required make them stick together)
- bread crumbs/crackers
- one can of tuna (flakes)
- your favorite seaonings (I always tossed on some mustard and hot sauce for flavor).

- Mix it up, and then throw those bithces on the grill for about 2-3 minutes per side.

Enjoy.
8/19/08 9:58 PM
shootfightermike
670 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i am just like him!!!!^^^

just drain the can and add salsa

takes like a minute too eat
8/19/08 9:59 PM
shootfightermike
670 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i actually drank an apple juice and tuna shake quite a few times in my bodybuilding days
8/19/08 10:46 PM
crescentwrench
238 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

drunkenfighter - I was so desperate make tuna edible, I used a blender to mix a can in water and drink it (just so I could get it down easier) - I ended up gagging.
So did I.  Just now reading this. 

You're right about the croquets though, that makes tuna good.  You can also take some bread crumbs and coat the outside of the patties a bit and saute them in a little bit of olive oil.  Olive oil is good fat, right? 

Also, if you make tuna salad, I hear that if you substitute thousand island dressing for the mayonaise, you'll never go back. 
8/19/08 11:09 PM
alpo
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, I use Thousand Island instead of mayo.  Kraft, believe it or not, makes an excellent fat free Thousand Island.  Though, of course, it is high in sugar.
8/20/08 9:30 AM
CR1chard
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Walden Farms (I think) makes a calorie/fat/sugar free "honey mustard" dressing that mixes well with tuna
8/20/08 1:16 PM
GaryG
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tuna + sourcream + salsa + wholewheat softshell taco
8/20/08 3:09 PM
crescentwrench
238 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alton Brown's tuna dressing recipe, with a couple more canned tuna dish links at the bottom
8/22/08 12:11 AM
Kevin Curtis
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I modify the usual tuna salad recipe.. tuna fish, chopped onion, miracle whip and diced cucumber... tasty sammiches!
8/25/08 5:20 PM
sside maurice
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can of tuna
Can of white beans
Chopped onion
Olive oil
Oregano
Salt & pepper
8/25/08 5:34 PM
MikeZev
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ and do what with it??
8/25/08 8:00 PM
rerox
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tuna, baby tomoates, diced onion, red pepper flakes, garlic. Saute together in olive oil, hit with a bit of cream, toss with pasta and call it a day.

Carlo
8/26/08 9:11 AM
MikeZev

interesting!
8/26/08 11:02 PM
Nabors Rigpig
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

drain water,mix tuna with KD.protein and carbs all in one,lol.
8/27/08 4:11 AM
cycklops
295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Drain the can and put bbq sauce on it. I didn't wanna do that but I was getting bored with just tuna and the fridge at work had some bbq sauce packets. It was pretty good.

10/26/08 11:58 PM
jarva
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
10/30/08 5:34 PM
Zoso
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to make this for lunch all the time. Quick, healthy, and really tasty. Whole time was maybe 10 minutes. 100% made up...

I would cook a ton of brown rice on like Sunday night. Then during my lunch break I would add a little olive oil to a pain, put in some fresh garlic, crushed red pepper, and pine nuts and let that just start to sizzle(but not enough to even turn the garlic brown). I would then drain a can of tuna and add it to the mixture and let it get nice and warm. Then I would add the rice, a little honey, and some sea salt to taste. Cook until it gets nice and warm all the way through.

I thought it was an outstanding little quick dish.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.