UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> I Train UFC.

8/20/08 4:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fightin_Chance
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You know, Ryan, a large part of this problem can be attributed to the town you live in. The people who are saying that are either:

A. Doofus college kids

or

B. Redneck locals from the outlying farm areas
8/20/08 5:01 PM
Downtown
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This just happened this past weekend. I was at teh Y lifting weights. I had my headphones on minding my own business and a couple of young college or maybe still high school guys walk up to me and start talking. So I had to stop my workout and take off my headphones and talk for a second.

"Is that a vegetable ear?"
"It's actually called Cauliflower ear, and yes it is."
"Howd you get it?"
"MMA"
"Oh. I know a guy who got his fighting UFC"
"well he must be a real badass. excuse me"

I put the headphones back in and they looked at me like was a pussy for not getting cauliflower ear fighting UFC.
8/20/08 5:17 PM
dMo
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I recently did a photo shoot for a friend of mine's band while they played a local bar. I wore my MMA.TV t-shirt. I must have had like 4 or 5 people say to me. "Is that like UFC fighting?" I just shook my head. I did however still hand them my card. they're money will spend just as well as anyone else.

Guess it's no different than getting a Coke out of the fridge when it's full of RC Cola.

The UFC has done a pretty good job at branding the brain haven't they.
8/20/08 5:20 PM
GenericAmerican
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Downtown -  This just happened this past weekend. I was at teh Y lifting weights. I had my headphones on minding my own business and a couple of young college or maybe still high school guys walk up to me and start talking. So I had to stop my workout and take off my headphones and talk for a second.

"Is that a vegetable ear?"
"It's actually called Cauliflower ear, and yes it is."
"Howd you get it?"
"MMA"
"Oh. I know a guy who got his fighting UFC"
"well he must be a real badass. excuse me"

I put the headphones back in and they looked at me like was a pussy for not getting cauliflower ear fighting UFC.

Well, they did have a point.

Cauliflower ear is for wrestlers. Vegetable ear is for guys who train UFC because it's more STREET!
8/20/08 5:32 PM
TalkShowOnMute
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Veggie Ear FTW!
8/20/08 10:26 PM
ryangruhn
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fightin_Chance - You know, Ryan, a large part of this problem can be attributed to the town you live in. The people who are saying that are either:

A. Doofus college kids

or

B. Redneck locals from the outlying farm areas

LOL,
  You are 100% correct.  Get them drunk and they all train UFC.
8/20/08 10:33 PM
crubs
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gangster101 trains WWE.
8/20/08 10:34 PM
PAGrappler412
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I train Zuffa
8/20/08 10:34 PM
ryangruhn
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT
8/20/08 10:50 PM
FERA BRABA
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

law dog - I UFC'd some mother fucker at the bar the other day for popping off while I was trying to get some stank for my hang-low.

Homey tapped like a bitch and I straight Chuck Lidell'ed the rest of the night at Shooters with my crew.

Recognize.

Great Stuff!
8/21/08 12:00 PM
law dog
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/21/08 12:01 PM
^^

True. All my hoes love it when I lay my UFC smack down on the playa-haters at the club.
8/21/08 12:04 PM
HELWIG

I train vet grade
8/21/08 12:13 PM
Gigantor

I got Veggie ear, it looks like an eggplant. All purple and puffed out.
8/21/08 1:20 PM
DaveGarcia
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hear it...it's funny..people (in general) are stupid. It does speak to the importance of "branding" and name recognition. I give the credit to SEG and not Zuffa as i've heard people say this since the early days of UFC (I just hear it more now).It's annoying but i get it...no one says i need a facial tissue, it's a Kleenex...same phenomenon.

*Logs off to go train Pride*
8/21/08 2:34 PM
TalkShowOnMute
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I train SAFTA, way more kickass.

Seriously though I cringe when people say that, I had come guy at work say, "you train UFC right?" I said, "No, but I watch it." He seemed disappointed or lost. And I said "Actually what I do is train in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, it's my hobby, and I supplement that with some kickboxing." And he was like..."Oh, cool." and walked away....

I'm apparently a disappointment.
8/21/08 2:35 PM
TalkShowOnMute

Edited: 08/21/08 2:35 PM
He probably ran over to his buddies and said, "Man, see I told you he doesn't train UFC." I love people.
8/21/08 3:35 PM
Fightin_Chance

Depending on who it is sometimes I try to take it as an opportunity to educate someone.

And being I am somewhat of a noob myself, I will admit to them when I don't know something.
8/21/08 4:36 PM
TwistYouUp

FRATE TRAIN imo.
8/21/08 4:43 PM
ryangruhn

I'm training UFC tonight fellas if all yall want to join me.  We will be doing UFC for about three hours.
8/21/08 8:00 PM
Sambist007
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do you wanna go do UFC in the garage?
8/21/08 9:03 PM
Wade Garrett

"Brazilian jiu jitsu cage fighting" is what it's called around here. Why that instead of just UFC is one of those mysteries of life. Like how do they get multi colored stripes of toothpaste in the tube without it all blending in a grayish glop.
8/21/08 9:55 PM
Fightin_Chance

Ryan, you can't turn around in Centre county without hearing or seeing one of your gym's ads advertising Mixed Martial Arts.

Have you been talking to strangers again?
8/22/08 2:12 AM
ryangruhn

Wade Garrett - "Brazilian jiu jitsu cage fighting" is what it's called around here. 

Awesome!

Fightin_Chance,
  Glad to hear the word is getting out.  Our UFC class is Monday, Wednesday, Friday @ 8PM and we fight Brazilian jiu-jitsu cage fighting every Friday night!
8/22/08 3:53 PM
Fightin_Chance

Ryan, once they get all the wrinkles ironed out in the rules do you think LionHeart is going to hold events?

It would be nice to be able to go watch live MMA in State College
8/22/08 4:38 PM
MIKEKESK
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I TRANE UFC Motherfuckers, so back off......

ttt

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.