UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> I Train UFC.

8/22/08 5:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ryangruhn
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fightin_Chance,

I am working on it.  It won't be any time in the near future but Lion Heart is definitely the best place to hold them in Central PA.  I am also working on bringing us some of the best seminars on the east coast.  Jeff Rockwell our head BJJ coach and instructor just brought in De La Riva for an awesome seminar.  I'm gonna try for some big names later this fall.

BTW, we just set up our brand new ring and cage, laid down another 2,000 square feet of mats and thats only the start of it!  We do hold Friday Night sparring sessions which you and anyone else can come and watch.  I believe tonight the focus will be on the fighters who train UFC.

8/22/08 5:29 PM
getbiginennis
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saying you train UFC is like asking for a coke when you really want a Dr. Pepper? The people who say that are no-it-alls and even if you argue you won't win, let it go.
8/22/08 8:34 PM
ryangruhn
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

getbiginennis - Saying you train UFC is like asking for a coke when you really want a Dr. Pepper? The people who say that are no-it-alls and even if you argue you won't win, let it go.

Maybe we could let it go while we're UFC training.  Law Dog could UFC all the mothers.
8/22/08 8:36 PM
Fightin_Chance
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ryangruhn - 

Fightin_Chance,

I am working on it.  It won't be any time in the near future but Lion Heart is definitely the best place to hold them in Central PA.  I am also working on bringing us some of the best seminars on the east coast.  Jeff Rockwell our head BJJ coach and instructor just brought in De La Riva for an awesome seminar.  I'm gonna try for some big names later this fall.

BTW, we just set up our brand new ring and cage, laid down another 2,000 square feet of mats and thats only the start of it!  We do hold Friday Night sparring sessions which you and anyone else can come and watch.  I believe tonight the focus will be on the fighters who train UFC.

it would be cool to see fights at the Jordan Center

8/22/08 8:38 PM
ryangruhn

WWE is the is as close as that will ever come =(
8/22/08 8:51 PM
bluenoser

U are F ucking the C anvas
8/22/08 9:05 PM
Fightin_Chance
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why do you say that Ryan?  If there is enough interest in tickets there is a possibility in fights being held there.
With popularity of the sport rising and plenty of former PSU/Big10 wrestlers competing, I could see someone holding fights there.
8/22/08 9:29 PM
molsonman
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/22/08 9:30 PM
molsonman
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/23/08 1:44 AM
law dog

Just got home from Banana Joes where some fool thought he would front for his girl by talking trash about my dancing moves.

Well I just MC-Hammmered my ass right over to his face and straight let that fool know that I train UFC and if he really felt like gettin froggy he should go ahead and jump.

Lucky for him my boy Dana White was there and told me to fuckin chill.

I let homie walk this time.

Next time I just pound his Tito-sized head to the ground and buy myself a couple more jello shots.
8/23/08 3:39 AM
THE DEAN
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TalkShowOnMute - I train SAFTA, way more kickass.

Seriously though I cringe when people say that, I had come guy at work say, "you train UFC right?" I said, "No, but I watch it." He seemed disappointed or lost. And I said "Actually what I do is train in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, it's my hobby, and I supplement that with some kickboxing." And he was like..."Oh, cool." and walked away....

I'm apparently a disappointment.

I get this also. People get excited when they hear I "train UFC" or "cagefighting" but end the conversation as soon as I inform them that I actually train in "Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu" and "kickboxing".

Obvously, it seems these people who "train UFC" look at BJJ and Muay Thai like BJJ and Muay Thai look at Tae Kwan Do. I always feel like such a loser.
8/23/08 7:08 PM
ryangruhn

THE DEAN - 
Obvously, it seems these people who "train UFC" look at BJJ and Muay Thai like BJJ and Muay Thai look at Tae Kwan Do. I always feel like such a loser.
LOL.
8/23/08 7:26 PM
JoshMitola
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Last week at my store I ran into a whole fucking family that trains tapout. True Story.
8/23/08 8:57 PM
ryangruhn

"So I walk into a guy the other day, he's all tapped out!" ~ hiptosser

I've set out to protest such people who can't get enough gear by wearing my "Who says the striker can't grappling" t-shirt.

You won't see that shirt in Wal-Mart any time soon!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.