UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> masters just for a promotion?

8/21/08 12:29 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
John9821
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have no desire for a masters, but if I get one in the next few years, I WILL get a promotion.

Are there "easy" masters programs out there? Is this even worth my time if I have a great career and I will most likely get a promotion over time...?

Im in Law Enforcement by the way. So is it better for a Criminal Justice masters or something else?
8/23/08 11:53 PM
John9821

Im a federal agent with Homeland Security and no, they wont kick in any $$...
8/27/08 11:01 PM
eabeam
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One other aspect, you don't know what other doors will open with the degree and/or the networking that you will get in the process.
1/25/09 1:31 AM
Larry

John,

I work for DHS/ICE as a Special Agent. There is a tuition assistance program. It's only 2200 a year, but something is something. A Masters Degree won't get you a promotion, but it will help you after you retire.

BTW... I am a GS-15 with just a B.S.

Peace,
Larry
1/27/09 10:05 PM
WeeWillyWinky
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Education is far and away the easiest MA out there. The only snag is the school you attend may have some rather annoying and lengthy hands on requirements. If you can watch Oprah and Dr. Phil you can get an Education MA.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.