UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Attn OG Homebrewers Opinions Please?!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/21/08 2:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mit
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I found this add for brewing equipment on a buy and sell site and it says best offer. My question is what is a fair offer? I know very little about home brewing except I'm going to try it out.

Thanks in advance....below is the add:

Brew your own beer and save money! 5 Gallons of beer for $20 of ingredients. Everything you need to start brewing beer at home: - primary fermentation bucket - secondary fermentation carboy - air lock - racking cane, bottle filler, thermometer, hydrometer, two how-to books, grain bag, bottle caps, capper, bottle brush, carboy brush. The only thing you will need is a 6 foot length of food grade pvc tubing (home depot), and ingredients.
8/31/08 2:05 AM
Fulkrum78
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds pretty cheap. Hops are not cheap right now. Unless you're making lager or small beers, that is bs.
8/31/08 3:31 PM
Mit
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I ended up getting the stuff. I have to buy a kit to start it up. Just reading one of the books that came with all the stuff.

I will definitly be spending money on hops...actually a friend of mine used to grow his own in his backyard. I'm gonna see if he still does and play around with those.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.