UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Attn OG Homebrewers Opinions Please?!

8/21/08 2:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mit
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I found this add for brewing equipment on a buy and sell site and it says best offer. My question is what is a fair offer? I know very little about home brewing except I'm going to try it out.

Thanks in advance....below is the add:

Brew your own beer and save money! 5 Gallons of beer for $20 of ingredients. Everything you need to start brewing beer at home: - primary fermentation bucket - secondary fermentation carboy - air lock - racking cane, bottle filler, thermometer, hydrometer, two how-to books, grain bag, bottle caps, capper, bottle brush, carboy brush. The only thing you will need is a 6 foot length of food grade pvc tubing (home depot), and ingredients.
8/31/08 2:05 AM
Fulkrum78
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds pretty cheap. Hops are not cheap right now. Unless you're making lager or small beers, that is bs.
8/31/08 3:31 PM
Mit
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I ended up getting the stuff. I have to buy a kit to start it up. Just reading one of the books that came with all the stuff.

I will definitly be spending money on hops...actually a friend of mine used to grow his own in his backyard. I'm gonna see if he still does and play around with those.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.