UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Live Q&A: Frank Shamrock

8/26/08 1:52 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Josh Thomson
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KNOCK KNOCK FRANK!!!!!

Wouldnt you all like to see Frank kick my ass? LOL Game plans are key in this sport an i think Frank knows Javier Mendez has one for me to whoop his ass. Ill keep'uh knockin till ya let me in.

Josh "THE PUNK" Thomson
8/26/08 2:35 AM
Kansas Comet
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thx for popping in Josh!

So what is the story with you and Frank I know you have cornered and trained for/with Cung but what prompted you to wear the "T-Shirt"?

Josh, congrats by the way on the Gil fight; that was an outstanding striking display; nice gameplan as well!

Hope to see you in there for unification bout with Noons, Diaz or Alvarez? How do you think you match up with those guys and would you want these fights?
8/26/08 3:07 AM
per
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frank, in your fight with Cung Le you were, to my surprise, not very interested in taking the fight to the ground. Although Cung is a good wrestler I expected you to look for the clinch and pull guard at times since I believe you would control him quite easily from the bottom. Instead you seemed content into striking with him and though you had him hurt a couple of times and did better with the hands his kicks eventually won him the fight, as your arm broke.

In hindsight, do you feel you should have done anything differently to change the outcome of the fight? And would you change anything in your gameplan going into a rematch with Cung?
8/26/08 11:23 AM
Josh Thomson
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd love to fight KJ, Diaz or Alvarez. I say this cuz i feel they are some of the best in the sport an i admire them very much for everything they have achieved. A fighter fights to test themselves an i look at fighting the best fighters as a testiment to my life an goals.

As for Frank, I'd truly like to fight him because he is all the things I've said above. A TEST! The biggest challenge of my life, one I feel that I could/should win.

The shirt was prompted by a video Frank had made with some of his students. The video displayed Baroni an I as bein shit talker which we are...but behind peoples backs. Now, people that know me understand that I'm the 1st one to talk shit to your face. I've never been shy about lettin people know how i feel. The video also displayed us as bein Gay...LOL now thats what brought on the shirt. If he thought for one min that, me, of all people wasnt gonna do something back then he doesnt recall anything bout me.

Josh "THE PUNK" Thomson
8/26/08 11:36 AM
john thornton
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good post Josh.
8/26/08 12:57 PM
Adi alic

Who was the hardest you have been hit by?

8/26/08 2:06 PM
parklife
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey Josh.. Great fight against Kimbo.. how is the ear?

Frank- who did you train with in Japan? What is the difference between your style of submissions and jiu jitsu?

Are you going to rematch Renzo?

What do you think about Ken vs Kimbo?

Are you going to be able to fight with the braces?
8/26/08 4:16 PM
b0bb0

LMAO @ The newb who thinks Josh fought kimbo!
8/26/08 5:58 PM
Kansas Comet

Josh,
Thx for the response, will be watching your dynamic striking game in your non-Title bout coming up but looking forward to you fighting the best from Elite and Dream, is your Contract Non-Exclusive?
8/26/08 6:18 PM
Kansas Comet

Frank,
How is the arm? Do you feel the same strength from the arm as you had before the bad break?
8/27/08 2:02 AM
Josh Thomson

Somebody should kick the NEW-B in the teeth. LOL My contract is non-exclusive, Strikeforce is lookin into matchin me with the top guys as we speak. At this time i do know Strikeforce is lookin into Japan fighters upon my request. Not mainly japanese figthers per say but fighters who are contracted with japanese organizations etc.

Now back to me fighting Kimbo! LOL I mean Frank! Who here would like to see that fight between us knowin the Drama an story line behind it all?

Josh "THE PUNK" Thomson
8/27/08 4:05 PM
str8fighter

ok wheres the interview
8/27/08 4:38 PM
john thornton
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yea,interview??????
8/27/08 4:53 PM
Kansas Comet

Josh to answer your question I would like to see you and Frank fight.; but isn't it a bit implausible being that you are 3 weight classes below Frank? Seriously could you even make 185? I don't see Frank going down in weight for a Catch weight fight..

Anyhow glad to hear that you are non-exclusive an aggressively pursuing the likes of Hansen, Alvarez, Noons, Diaz, JZ and Aoki. With the dynamic striking display you exhibited vs Gil and your gameplanning any of those fights would be awesome.
8/27/08 7:28 PM
Jason Chambers
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would you go up to fight Frank? He cant make 155 or 170 I imagine.

Jason "Stop asking me if I'm Josh Thomson" Chambers
8/27/08 8:06 PM
BigEyedFish

Is this thing on?
8/27/08 8:08 PM
Frank Shamrock

Crooklyn - How much longer do you think you'll continue fighting?  What are your thoughts about Tito's negotiations with ProElite/EXC, and if he ends up there would you ever fight him again if the price was right?

By the way, congrats on the new addition to your family=)

I am going to fight for 10 more years.

I don't really know what Tito is doing with ProElite but I really want to fight. Maybe in 2009 that will happen.

Thanks, my baby girl is beautiful
8/27/08 8:08 PM
Frank Shamrock

RabbiVJ -  Will you go after Cung Le again after your last defeat?

Yes. Of course.
8/27/08 8:09 PM
Frank Shamrock

Hong Kong Phooey -  Why would you even consider fighting your Brother ?

Because I love him. And therefore, I must fight him.
8/27/08 8:10 PM
Frank Shamrock

str8fighter - Frank if you were able to come to terms with the ufc would you be willing to fight Anderson Silva and do you feel he is the number 1 p4p MW in the world right now?

Yes, I would love Anderson Silva. I think he's probably the best. I am not fighting in the UFC.
8/27/08 8:10 PM
Jason Chambers
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/27/08 8:18 PM
How you been man?! Long time no talk!
8/27/08 8:11 PM
Frank Shamrock

str8fighter - Frank who do you think is a better mma coach You or Tito Ortiz?

A better coach? Oh defnitely me! I don't think Tito has the knowledge.
8/27/08 8:11 PM
BigEyedFish

Hi Frank, thanks for hanging with us.

Given that MMA is in a pivotal time in its history (after struggling with so much to break into the mainstream finally) what do you think the importance of fighters respecting the rules in MMA is given that for years politicians and critics shunned the sport calling its participants 'goons and savages'? Do you think that it is important as I do (a huge fan) that fighters respect their opponents and portray themselves as professionals and responsible advocates of this sport that we love so much?

Thank you and good luck in your next fight.
8/27/08 8:12 PM
Frank Shamrock

str8fighter - Frank if the Ufc aka Dana White approached you and said that for a upcoming season of the ultimate fighter he would like to have you and tito as coaches with a rematch scheduled at the end would you have little or a great deal of intrest in the opportunity?

A little. I'm not a UFC fan.

I'M AN MMA FAN.
8/27/08 8:13 PM
Frank Shamrock

str8fighter - Frank what do you think of Dana White and i mean your real opinion.

My real opinion? I think he's a petty, uneducated, sterioded- out, uncivilized idiot.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.