UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Live Q&A: Frank Shamrock

8/27/08 8:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Frank Shamrock
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ready2Mosh -  Are you hungrier then ever to regain your title as champ?

Not really. The titles don't mean anything to me.

I fight because I LOVE MMA.
8/27/08 8:15 PM
Frank Shamrock

str8fighter - Frank if you picked a guy off the street who had little to no fighting experience or skill how long do you think it would take for you to turn him into a decent fighter?

About 8 dedicated and committed months. Oh and they have to be trained by me of course!
8/27/08 8:17 PM
Frank Shamrock

str8fighter - Frank do you have any good ufc stories, like after party bar brawls or groupies , what is your most memorable ufc event?

My best UFC story was at UFC 2, after Hearld Howard had won his fight and he was going to his dressing room. A production light hit him in the temple and knocked him out.
8/27/08 8:17 PM
Frank Shamrock

str8fighter - Frank do you have any good ufc stories, like after party bar brawls or groupies , what is your most memorable ufc event?

After he woke up, they sent him back out to fight
8/27/08 8:18 PM
Frank Shamrock

sho89mtx - frank, would u rather fight Tito in Affliction, Jake Shields for a belt in Elite XC or Robby Lawyler for a belt if u had to choose btwn the 3?

I'd rather fight Tito Ortiz more than any of those idiots.
8/27/08 8:19 PM
Frank Shamrock

john thornton - Why would you consider fighting Cung Le at his specialty after what happened against Renzo? Why not pose your strength against his and take care of buisness?

Ok.
8/27/08 8:20 PM
Frank Shamrock

LGSM - Can you openly discuss your comments about Ken's steroid use? During the time he was using was it a common practice in the sport or was he one of the few?

I can no longer openly dicuss that subject.

Please ask Ken.
8/27/08 8:20 PM
Frank Shamrock

SwampRocker - you've mentioned Ken's steroid use. how about worked mma fights. do you think Ken works MMA fights? (i.e. franklin, upcoming bout with kimbo)

I don't know, you have to ask Ken
8/27/08 8:21 PM
Frank Shamrock

Tony Romoshop - Frank, why didn't you try and take Cung down and beat him at his weakness? Was his takedown defense just that good?

I wanted it to be a stand up fight.

So I never tried to take him down.
8/27/08 8:23 PM
Frank Shamrock

DJStudd - Hey Frank , im from the UK and we have a real contender in the UFC MW division in Mike Bisping, what are your opinions on Bisping ?... and from a technical stand point..how do you see a fight with you and him panning out ?

good luck in the future mate and thanks for everything you contributed over the years !.

WAR FRANK !!!

I've seen him fight a few times. And he looks tough.

As for a fight, I see it being a stand up fight.
8/27/08 8:25 PM
Frank Shamrock

Kansas Comet - Frank props to you for being the individual you are and being your own man so to speak. You are a true Mixed Martial Artist and one of the all time greats.

With that said your individualism and seemingly unwillingness to bend to Organizational demands kept you from actively fighting for 7 of your prime years.
Do you ever regret that? I mean you are one of the best MMA Fighters of all time with 7 of your best years virtually lost? Was the reason for not fighting much during that 7 year span low contractual pay or the restrictive exclusive contracts or what? Please elaborate.

Props to you and Cung for putting on such a great fight. You finally closed the distance in the 3rd and were really getting to Cung, then unfortunately your arm was done. Did you expect Cung to be able to keep you at a distance for so long or was that just your gameplan to wear him down then close the distance and utilize your power advantage in the late rounds?

Finally why not take Cung down and use your more evolved ground and submission game?

No regret. It was the smartest move I have ever made. I took those years off because there was no audience. No body watching.

Now, that the world is watching, I'm going to smash everyone.
8/27/08 8:27 PM
Frank Shamrock

William Colosimo - Frank-

would you please give us your opinion on works in pancrase for the two years you were involved. did you feel there were some that happened outright, or did the organization just try to screw with certain fighters behind the scenes?

also, ken has mentioned in interviews (and to certain lions den guys) some of his fights that he worked- the 2 suzuki fights, the second funaki fight, and the hume fight. he also apparently strung bas along in the first match and went easy on maurice as long as mo didnt "try anything funny". any comments on this stuff?

I never did nor was ever approached to do any works or fake fights in Pancrase.

I am certain that it happened.
8/27/08 8:28 PM
Mr McFeely
948 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frank, you seem to have excellent UG posting abilities.  Do you post here under an alias?
8/27/08 8:30 PM
TUFF-N-UFF

TUFF-N-UFF FC, Media Relations
 Frank,

What do you think of Urijah Faber and do you think anyone will beat him anytime soon?

8/27/08 8:44 PM
BigEyedFish

I think Franks phone rang, lol

ttt for hoping he can get to most questions (aka mine :)
8/27/08 8:47 PM
Crooklyn
700 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LGSM Owned & Operated, Worker Bee
Your comments on Dana White a few moments ago in this thread, did you mean that?  "Steroided out"?
8/27/08 8:56 PM
caleb
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frank,
MMA, money & fame are nice but do you ever sit down and wonder what life is all about? Where did we all come from? Did we just happen or were we created? You are a REAL smart guy and I value your opinion. This is why I ask you these questions.

Please give more than a one liner beavis & butt head answer if you have the time.
8/27/08 9:09 PM
Jason Chambers
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Frank left guys
8/27/08 9:14 PM
TUFF-N-UFF

TUFF-N-UFF FC, Media Relations
 So now we can have "Live Q&A: Jason Chambers"

Jason, who would win in a grappling match, first TWISTER wins. You vs. Gerald Strebendt?
8/27/08 9:18 PM
BillyRayChubbs
743 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ken sounds like he has WAY too many injuries to even train correctly for this matchup, if any matchup.
Then to get in there against a guy who is new, and injury free, and has Carl backing him with words of positivity???

How can Ken win?
8/27/08 9:21 PM
BillyRayChubbs
743 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poor Ken sounded like this is pretty much WIN or he is done.
8/27/08 9:35 PM
ChicagoTom
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow Frank just totally banged out like 15 questions in a row and then peaced out... 
8/27/08 10:11 PM
SwampRocker
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol. not even a kiss my ass, bye.
8/27/08 11:35 PM
Kansas Comet

Frank,
Thanks for checking in to the UG! Come back when you have a chance!
8/27/08 11:38 PM
Kansas Comet

Thanks to the Mods as well for setting this up!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.