UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> What do you have to do to get loyalty?

8/23/08 1:04 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GSTREBENDT
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a female student at my academy who was struggling to make ends meet so I refer women to her for privates and let her teach an all womens boxing class on saturdays. I told her don't worry about paying me anything until you are making some money. Lets see where you are in 2 or 3 months and we will figure a fair kickback on the gym. Well, today she tells me she has to cancel her 50 dollar a month membership because she is flat broke. It made me feel bad so I decided to let her train for free. 5 minutes later I hear from my instructor that she just got a 1,000 dollar check from one of her private students! She got a total of 6 months to use my gym for free and I would have let her go another 6 months because she wasn't making any money:(
8/23/08 1:07 AM
EvilMaster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe the $1000 dollar check is just enough for her to pay her bills and eat, and maybe she really is broke?

Or maybe she is just taking advantage of your generosity?

Hmmm...You will have to sleep with her to find out for sure imo.
8/23/08 1:16 AM
DaveGarcia
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol at Evilmaster.

Bummer about the chick bailing. You went above and beyond. I hope your school is doing well. I am sure karma will sort it all out for her in the long run.
8/23/08 1:17 AM
bignightmare
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah $1000.00 bucks doesnt go as far as it used to but it also seems only fair to pay her overhead.
8/23/08 1:17 AM
bignightmare
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oh yeah....you should bone the crap outta her.
8/23/08 1:18 AM
JRockwell
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EvilMaster is wise.

And also very evil.
8/23/08 1:19 AM
Ridgeback
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know about loyalty.  Some people are just like that.  They will accept help but won't actually use it to improve their situation. 
8/23/08 1:22 AM
FredHammer
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gerald - Just let it go...She was wrong but people are scum and will justify it every which way...Just forget about it and move on and don't let her train at your place anymore.
8/23/08 1:25 AM
GSTREBENDT
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys are funny! I just told her that It hurt my feelings to hear that just as I was on the phone with my wife to cancel her billing. She never told me she was making any money and I told her to keep every dime of her hard earned money until she got momentum going. Well, that was just one of her students so now I am left wondering how much she made in all her privates and her saturday classes. I told her that if she felt it was right then she can just do whatever she wants. She can train for free and if she doesn't think she should pay then dont worry about it. I wonder what she will do...
8/23/08 1:29 AM
EvilMaster

You sound like a really nice person. The world needs more people like you. Keep us updated.

Oh btw...Pics or ban...
8/23/08 1:31 AM
iMproV

Edited: 08/23/08 1:32 AM
I think your being a pushover IMO. You could / should be making money on those priv lessons.
Very nice of you though. But until you find out what her situation Really is. I think you should be getting atleast Something out of it.. No?
8/23/08 1:51 AM
stevekt
642 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Only a scumbag would take advantage of Gerald's generosity. I think she will do the right thing. People always talk about nice people in the sport. Gerald is the real deal in that regard.

P.S. If she doesn't pay up, kick her in the cooch.
8/23/08 1:58 AM
kalki

she's just a lil'girl.....let'r slide...
8/23/08 2:04 AM
Coachmike

chicks are takers.... generaly...
8/23/08 2:14 AM
bignightmare

Ok you are maried and cant bone her

alone. GO for the threesome Gerald. Fuck man you pulled a Twister in MMA for the first eva........you can pull a trio
8/23/08 2:15 AM
EvilMaster

Coachmike - chicks are takers.... generaly...

8/23/08 2:17 AM
GSTREBENDT

Generally when you teach out of someone elses academy and you didnt build it or bring anything to the table like equip. reputation etc you pay somewhere around 25 percent. every situation is different but thats usually about what you have to pay. It costs a lot to keep the lights on and the equipment up to date lease of building etc... I never asked for anythint from her. I even made up a new monthly rate for her because I knew she didnt have that much money. How many gyms can you get 6 days a week training two classes a day for 50 bucks? Oh well, I have learned a lot. What if I had gone into buisness with her at some point! The worst is that I really like her and think she could be exceptionally good at fighting and teaching.
8/23/08 2:42 AM
Scott Epstein

i want to fight her asap.
8/23/08 2:51 AM
Eric Collins
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There are hundreds of people who would kill for the help you gave and in turn support you for life. When dealt shitty people, it becomes hard to expect the good ones, but don't skip a beat and keep a positive look on people, this will just be a bump in the road filled in by someone who deserves the opportunity and sincerely appreciates it.

Oh and i'd defecate in her mouth for some shit like that. Then set her on fire.
8/23/08 3:22 AM
Truemanc3
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/23/08 12:43 PM
I am all out of charity when it comes to some people.... I had a friend who used to basically leach on to me waiting for some oppotunity to gain from me... he took freeloading to whole new level I could go in to the breaks I made for this looser but I dont want to bore you

Basically the problem with the guy is he thinks that everything in life is easy for everyone else and it is so much harder for him..... its his attitude.... so what happens is they gain your sympathy and you start th make exceptions for them.

What the whole sarga taught me is that there are alot of these people about..... and they are manipulative and skilled at what they do..... they cam smell your good nature like a blood hound..... so I can sympathise with your predicament.

I now have one rule for all the guys I train with and am very carefull to make exceptions, this goes for life in general.

I dont teach anymore... I just train.

Save youreself some time and get rid.
8/23/08 3:38 AM
The Ipswitch Cobra

Your a good man and I'm proud to say I have trainned with you in the marines. Keep up the good work brother!
8/23/08 3:45 AM
Macedawgg
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSTREBENDT - You guys are funny! I just told her that It hurt my feelings to hear that just as I was on the phone with my wife to cancel her billing. She never told me she was making any money and I told her to keep every dime of her hard earned money until she got momentum going. Well, that was just one of her students so now I am left wondering how much she made in all her privates and her saturday classes. I told her that if she felt it was right then she can just do whatever she wants. She can train for free and if she doesn't think she should pay then dont worry about it. I wonder what she will do...
Not surprised at all--Gerald always struck me as an extremely sincere, nice (though wacky) person.  That is a good way to handle it, and if it persists, cut cords. 

8/23/08 3:50 AM
str8fighter

ttt
8/23/08 4:47 AM
Evan Landry

kick her ass then call me. if you decide not to kick her ass, give me a call anyway. =) miss you pal. e
8/23/08 9:14 AM
imshaft
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Talk to her, and if that doesn't work try this....

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.