UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> Q about body work

8/25/08 7:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
WEB
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i own a dodge neon sport and im having a few problems with the bodywork. thee is signs of rust and paint is pealing off right under the doors. I would like to fix this myself for a project than pay an auto body shop 60 an hour for labor.

what parts would i need to smoth the areas?

what kind of primer and paint?

i dont care about the looks i just want to keep the body in good shape ....

thanks
8/25/08 9:36 PM
ChDnny
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fix it then get a shop to paint it you mean?

grind it down with a air grinder with a 36grit disk on, then that self etching primer. few coats then sand down 150-240-320. clean area off with acetone. then tape off area from rest of car and base coat of paint then clear. You can find websites where they have paint codes for all models and can put it into a spray can so you can diy. I could be wrong on some of the grit numbers, has been awhile since i did some work in a shop.

one example of comapny that can put your car color into a spray can, never used them just example of what im talking about:

http://automotivetouchup.com/
8/26/08 11:53 PM
WEB
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.