UnderGround Forums

NatureGround >> Moon Landing MythBusters - Tonight!

8/27/08 8:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SirPrize
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's on in 30 minutes, bitches!
8/27/08 8:43 PM
BigEyedFish
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thermite!!!!!one
8/27/08 8:45 PM
Up With Evil
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really do think the moon landing denialists are nuts. 
8/27/08 8:47 PM
max power
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks 4 the reminder

8/29/08 11:32 AM
SirPrize
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1524 -  Of course they are going to say we landed on the moon but I doubt they answer the question as to why we haven't been back and won't even attempt to go back until 2015. 

Yeah. That's what I want to know. We should be on Mars by now.

Oh, and where the heck is my jet pack and flying car???
8/29/08 11:38 AM
alpo
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol @ the "Why haven't we been back" theory
8/29/08 11:45 AM
OldSchoolMike
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That show was a scam too. I saw, full of bullshit it was.

No way in hell people fly into outspace, got out, walked around, got in and returned home. No fucking way.
8/29/08 12:33 PM
crescentwrench
305 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

THE FLAG MOVES!  LIKE WIND!
8/29/08 3:53 PM
The Kangaroo
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

easy anwser 1524, they are testing equipment they will use to get to mars on the moon mission.

as for not going back to the moon sooner, very simple as well... lack of funding, and no national desire to repeat the feat.  
8/29/08 5:19 PM
ReneH
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The moon landing...sponsored by Reynold's Aluminum Foil Heavy Duty wrap. Yeah...aluminum foil as a super heat retardant ...yeah...definitely a sure sign that we did go to the moon.
8/29/08 5:23 PM
sacredhate
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

why the f! hasn't any other country gone then? i would have thought China would have gone by now to prove that their space program had legs...it's not like they don't have political environment to do sh!t just because they want to or think it's cool. I side with the doubters.
8/29/08 9:48 PM
gregbrady

Mythbusters are in on the conspiracy too! Don't you ppl understand!
8/29/08 10:20 PM
BarkLikeADog

1524, why haven't YOU gone?

Same reason as everyone else: Incredible expense vs minimal payoff.
8/29/08 10:57 PM
pfsjkd
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/29/08 10:57 PM
 Some of the responses on these types of threads, usually from posters like Fin or pfsjkd, are borderline pathological and laughable in content.

LOL!!!  Right.  I'm pathalogical and laughable because I used high school math to prove that the Van Allen Radiation Belts were not the deathtrap that Dicktucking Darren claimed they were.  Sure.

The bottom line is that THE main argument against us going to the moon can be summarized by 'Think about it, dude!! I mean, c'mon! There's no way!'  Evil Yoshida uses this argument constantly in his half-assed attempts to debunk the landing. 
8/30/08 6:24 PM
BarkLikeADog

"You think we could go to the Moon today?"

Hmm, did I say that somewhere?
8/30/08 6:28 PM
Decepticon

didn't buzz aldrin sock some conspiracy theorist in the face when he accused buzz of being part of a hoax. That's how i feel every time someone even brings it up.
8/30/08 6:28 PM
Decepticon

didn't buzz aldrin sock some conspiracy theorist in the face when he accused buzz of being part of a hoax. That's how i feel every time someone even brings it up.
8/30/08 6:42 PM
BarkLikeADog

^It is astoudingly insulting to a huge number of people who made it their life's work to do something remarkable for all of mankind.
8/31/08 1:51 AM
pfsjkd
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^Amen.
9/1/08 1:05 PM
The Kangaroo
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sacredhate - why the f! hasn't any other country gone then? i would have thought China would have gone by now to prove that their space program had legs...it's not like they don't have political environment to do sh!t just because they want to or think it's cool. I side with the doubters.

simple answer, it costs a SHITLOAD of money to do, and at the time, what would be the point of spending that large amount of money as a developing nation (China) when its already been achieved. do not forget, while scientific research was being conducted the main desire to go was to be the first to go. it was an expensive dick waving contest.

China, is actually working with the USA for the future moon and mars missions. They see no reason to carry the entire $ burden to simply say theyve gone alone. They are smart.
9/1/08 1:18 PM
BarkLikeADog

^Yeah, and? That changes my point how?
9/1/08 1:26 PM
The Kangaroo

Edited: 09/01/08 1:29 PM
fearlessthinker -  The OG's knee jerk reaction against anything resembling skepticism is truly bizarre.

Whats bizarre is people claiming we did not go to the moon without an ounce of expertise in any field in question OR at the very least some basic fundamental knowledge of the history of NASA and/or space exploration.

People should read up on the subject before they make ridiculous statements like "we havent gone back yet, must be a  hoax!".

Threads like this give me a bit more respect for people like Joe Rogan, who  at least read a little on the subject in an attempt to make a compelling argument. In the end it never works, as Joe proved as he was owned like a cheap hooker during a radio debate, but at the very least he showed some initiative and dedication. (which is lacking in this thread)

9/1/08 1:35 PM
The Kangaroo

1524, if you are going to argue against the moon landing you have to have more then "we havent gone back" as proof. You simply cannot be that ignorant, can you?

If you know how to read, i suggest getting some books on the history of manned space exploration. That might save you from the type of ignorance you are displaying here.
9/1/08 1:56 PM
BarkLikeADog

"Ok you fund my trip and I'll start shopping for a spaceship."

I can see how your being piss-poor at logic would lead you to believe my point was "you should go," but it's not.
9/1/08 3:38 PM
BarkLikeADog

^The point is that the reason YOU don't go is the same reason no one else does. It costs too much with minimal return. PERIOD. Just because NASA has more money than you does not change that fact. NASA went back several times & had to quit in the light of waning public support i.e. tax dollars.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.