UnderGround Forums

TattooGround >> Getting my 1st Tat, any tips, suggestions?

8/27/08 11:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Haywood Jablowme
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's up everyone,

I"m gong to get my 1st one coming up, going to get my kid's name. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions or tips, what to do, not to do, good locations on body to get one, places to avoid...etc.

I know nothing about Tat's and was wondering if you of you Vet's of the Tat game could help me out.  Thanks
8/28/08 2:20 AM
John9821
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rule #1 dont get it on your face or butthole!
8/28/08 10:24 AM
The Popeye
601 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I designed my first one with my kids names and placed it on the shoulder.

Where you get it will depend on how visible you want it to be.

Pain wise, I have found the upper outside of the arm not to be bad inner arm hurts more but I cant tell you anything about any other location.

I would suggest that you take some time to decide what you want how you want it to look and try to design something it will mean even more to you in the future and your artist can help you.

From my exp bother personal and from talking with firends and the people on this forum THE MOST IMPORTANT part about getting a good tattoo is choosing A GOOD ARTIST! Take some time do some searching dont be in a rush, I took almost a year to decide what I wanted for both my first and my second tattoo.
9/11/08 6:57 PM
Midleah

Ankle and pelvic areas hurt like hell; chest was fair but a finger tat was by far the least pain I've experienced~
9/18/08 3:52 PM
usurper
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dont be afraid to make changes or suggestions to the design. its easy to assume they will come up with the best design but its good to have input
9/18/08 5:44 PM
HuntingtonPUNK

designing your own is lame, it takes aways from the artist flow. Give him and idea and let him run with it, to much input is the worst thing people do.

and you pretty much get what you pay for, even simple writting I'd make put myself on a 6mo waiting list for one of the best artist and pay a ridiculous amount the a simple peice, it's worth it
9/18/08 10:14 PM
reagan123
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Look around for a good artist... too many pop-up shops to just walk in and let someone tattoo you
9/20/08 6:12 PM
The Popeye
601 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

designing your own is lame"

In your opinion. I put all the elements together that I wanted for mine and then gave it to the artist and let him clean it up and make the final product.

If what you are saying is true then your friend should be ok with the cock that his artist put in his tattoo cause after all it was part of his flow.....
9/22/08 7:11 PM
usurper
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

im not saying design your own, im saying feel free to say what you think like make it smaller or larger, or other minor changes. basically just dont feel like you have to accept whatever he draws or wherever he decides to place it. its going on your body, not his.
9/22/08 8:12 PM
Haywood Jablowme
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good stuff everyone, plz keep the suggestions coming.  Baby's due 12/26, so I have some time yet.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.