UnderGround Forums

Wrestling UnderGround >> Ankle pick

8/28/08 9:21 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Saiyajin
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey'all, I'm trying to learn the finer details of the ankle pick off the collar tie. Are there any online vids (couldn't find any on youtube) or wrestling instructional that teaches this? The old arsdale-kevin jackson vid shows a far ankle pick but not off the collar tie. thanks!
8/28/08 12:40 PM
CAMEL KILLER
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My favorite way to set up an ankle pick is from a russian two on one.
7/11/09 7:38 PM
KidKash

They show how to do it in the book "winning wrestling moves"
10/21/09 2:52 PM
FranklinFailedMe

Always make sure that you push the head past the line of the knee/foot when picking.
10/21/09 11:36 PM
nowaydo
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FranklinFailedMe - Always make sure that you push the head past the line of the knee/foot when picking.
10/24/09 3:44 PM
Bull_in_chinashop
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CAMEL KILLER -  My favorite way to set up an ankle pick is from a russian two on one.
I like to set it up from the over under. I'll take a hard backstep with my overhook side, making them take that big "clomp" step and pick the ankle just as it lands and I can use my underhook  to push them laterally thru it.

2/2/10 2:47 PM
Twinkle Toes
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't know about any videos or books. One hint i always noticed was that its much easier to hit when you actually pick the Heel and not the ankle. If you can cup right at their heal instead of the lower calf/ankle area they have much less ability to pull the leg away.
2/2/10 2:48 PM
Twinkle Toes
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

but this obviously sucks b/c you can break fingers, get fingers stepped on much worse...u just gotta learn to time it.
2/3/10 8:50 AM
membrane

Well well well, it's your lucky day. There are two clips of Cael Sanderson teaching it from the collar tie on youtube. There is other material from Cael in the videos as well, but he does show the ankle pick, which he was a master of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJa-IkUUKEU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMX-7aOwMNY

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.