UnderGround Forums

PoliticalGround >> Rudy Guliani = Firebreathing dragon.

9/4/08 11:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CavemanDave
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't expect that from Guliani.

I like to try and figure out who's doing the best minus my own political opinion.  I thought Obama's speech was excellent and a few other speeches from the democrats were solid.  I thought they managed to change the Image of Obamas wife rather effectively with her speech.

I thought Palins speech was solid as well.  I thought Fred Tompsons was Ok, I thought Mitt Romneys was completely  lackluster.

But Rudy Guliani's speech... damn.  This man came out spitting fire and in my opinion was clearly the best speech given at either of the conventions (which up until that point I would have given to Obama).  I don't like Guliani much, but if his goal was to boost up McCain, make the Palin attacks look unjustified, and make a mockery of the Obama campaign in the process...well he did just that.

He set that room on fire for Palin and while her speech was very good, it was made much better by the updraft in excitement she got from Guliani's speech.

If you haven't seen it, you need to watch it.  It gets my vote hands down for both the most powerful and brutal speech out of the entire conventions.

9/4/08 11:33 AM
Telfo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i am glad he layed off the 9/11 references for once
9/4/08 11:34 AM
CavemanDave
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/04/08 11:34 AM
 Links....

Video 1:

9/4/08 11:35 AM
CavemanDave

video 2

9/4/08 11:36 AM
CavemanDave

video 3

9/4/08 11:37 AM
BigEyedFish
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rudy did an exceptional job and it was timely, because Mittens and Huckabee were quite lacklustre.
9/4/08 11:38 AM
CavemanDave

Whatever.

If you cannot admit that speech was powerful, then be gay.

I will argue issues on other threads... alot.   This is simply to point out how I feel about the speaking at the conventions.

9/4/08 11:39 AM
HardyJenns

TTT 4 later, good analysis
9/4/08 11:48 AM
CavemanDave

I thought the most powerful part of the speech was when he was talking about Georgia...but really he hit it out of the park at more than a few times in this speech.
9/4/08 11:50 AM
PatK
380 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with the commentators that said if he spoke like that earlier in his campaign, it may not have been doomed.
9/4/08 11:50 AM
Govnor

Rudy was good, even though most of what he said was garbage, he delivered it very well.
9/4/08 12:01 PM
CavemanDave

It was better than good.  It was killer.

Obviously it won't change any strait-ticketers minds, but if you want to set a tone for an unavoidable mudslinging battle, that's the one you want to set.
9/4/08 12:24 PM
ruger007

he killed it!!!!
9/4/08 12:25 PM
Gforce
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Still regarded as a piece of shit by cops and firemen here in NY.
9/4/08 12:33 PM
originalmmafan

It's the 20% or so undecided voters that will win this election for someone. And I think Palin and Rudy's speeches helped the GOP as far as that 20% goes.

Obviously if you're already in bed with Obama than you thought the speeches sucked. But they weren't trying to win you over they know that would be futile.

They were trying to energize the base and win the undecided's. Those speeches helped do that.
9/4/08 1:26 PM
tsunaminw

Thompson killed it, Giuliani was funny and good but didn't flow as well as Palin who followed and performed well in every way, with a broken teleprompter.

Obama has had one good speech, and a hundred bad ones.

Can't wait for some freeform debates where Obama can't have notes written on his palm.
9/4/08 1:31 PM
Govnor

tsunaminw - Thompson killed it, Giuliani was funny and good but didn't flow as well as Palin who followed and performed well in every way, with a broken teleprompter.

Obama has had one good speech, and a hundred bad ones.

Can't wait for some freeform debates where Obama can't have notes written on his palm.
Obama and McCain in the debates will be like a Kennedy v Nixon rerun.

9/4/08 1:32 PM
tsunaminw

Your being pretty generous comparing Obama to Kennedy.
Or just insulting to Kennedy.
9/4/08 1:32 PM
CavemanDave

Maybe but I doubt it...
He ain't no kennedy.
9/4/08 1:37 PM
thefaint
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys are obviously in the tank if you Obama has had more bad speeches than good ones. That's the kind of thinking that's landed us in this current situation. I'm a liberal, but I'm not enough of a sheep to say that Palin was horrible last night just because she was a Republican. I wonder if any of you have ever had an original thought in your entire life.
9/4/08 1:44 PM
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He looked like he was having fun, instead of faking the fun
9/4/08 1:45 PM
bryanand
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I agree with the commentators that said if he spoke like that earlier in his campaign, it may not have been doomed."

I felt the same way about Gore, the guy found his balls after the 2000 election. It must have something to do with not feeling too much scrutiny that allows them to let loose after the fact.
9/4/08 1:46 PM
CavemanDave

The dude is a bit of an egomaniac and he was killing... and he knew it. I doubt he was faking the fun.  Bill Clinton is basically the same way...when he's killing in a speech you can see he knows it and he looks fucking giddy. 

Guliani killed...he knew he was killing... he was thrilled to death about it.
9/4/08 6:26 PM
ruger007

Kill't imo
9/5/08 5:01 PM
CavemanDave

Armbreaker v2.0 - can you say kill, killed, or killing anymore?

yes.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.