UnderGround Forums

PoliticalGround >> Rudy Guliani = Firebreathing dragon.

9/5/08 5:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ruger007
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So you're saying he did an excellent job then? Awesome!
9/5/08 7:20 PM
GSPEEED ON

4later
9/5/08 9:39 PM
HELWIG

Gore was was one of the rudest politicians of all time.

He'd ask questions and then purposely start irrelevant side conversations just to show people he had no interest in them or regard.

9/5/08 9:43 PM
HELWIG

"Giuliani did an excellent job of mocking ivy league educations obtained by a poor kid raised by a single mom, being intelligent, living the American dream, and helping out the community. He was only killing it with a bunch of anti-intellectual inbreds. Since when is it funny to make fun of someone for getting into Columbia and Harvard? LOL."

You missed the point entirely. He wasnt mocking him for his education.

He was mocking that there are millions of people ready to vote for him simply because he's black and has an ivy league education. He has few clear stances on any major issue and an inexcusable amount of experience for a Presidential candidate.

If he was a white senator from the democratic party with the exact same backround and resume he would have a chance of getting close to the run-off until about 2020.

He's running against a moderate-conservative war hero with a record of bi-partisan outreach who is universal respected by both sides. Who opposed Bush when he disagreed and has real integrity.

The only thing keeping Obama from being totally crushed is his cult of personality.
9/5/08 9:57 PM
banjo

Agree 100% with Caveman Dave. Guiliani knows how to deliver a speech, and the one he gave Wed night was point on and brutal.
9/5/08 10:23 PM
ruger007

^^^

Like you got one to sneer at, and if by chance you do, i sneer at thee!!!
9/5/08 10:43 PM
HappyFunBall

In via Affirmative Action?
9/5/08 10:45 PM
Up With Evil
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm glad someone was willing to stand up to those East Coast elites.
9/5/08 11:39 PM
Juijitsuboxer
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CavemanDave - I didn't expect that from Guliani.

I like to try and figure out who's doing the best minus my own political opinion.  I thought Obama's speech was excellent and a few other speeches from the democrats were solid.  I thought they managed to change the Image of Obamas wife rather effectively with her speech.

I thought Palins speech was solid as well.  I thought Fred Tompsons was Ok, I thought Mitt Romneys was completely  lackluster.

But Rudy Guliani's speech... damn.  This man came out spitting fire and in my opinion was clearly the best speech given at either of the conventions (which up until that point I would have given to Obama).  I don't like Guliani much, but if his goal was to boost up McCain, make the Palin attacks look unjustified, and make a mockery of the Obama campaign in the process...well he did just that.

He set that room on fire for Palin and while her speech was very good, it was made much better by the updraft in excitement she got from Guliani's speech.

If you haven't seen it, you need to watch it.  It gets my vote hands down for both the most powerful and brutal speech out of the entire conventions.

It was the best speech of both conventions, with Palin coming in Second and Bill Clinton coming in third.

I have not heard Mccains speech yet, i have it on my DVR though for tommorrow.
9/5/08 11:39 PM
Juijitsuboxer
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigEyedFish - Rudy did an exceptional job and it was timely, because Mittens and Huckabee were quite lacklustre.

I thought Huckabee did fantastic.
9/6/08 9:45 AM
Moke
192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol @ Nixon vs Kennedy. Listen to Obama when he's not reading from a prepared speech or teleprompter...he stammers a lot with "um" and "uhh" a LOT. Count the number of times he does it in a single sentence. It's enough to drive a guy insane. You'll see it come debate time. But I'm sure even in the debates he'll have most of his responses already rehearsed.
9/6/08 9:59 AM
Juijitsuboxer

ttt
10/31/08 5:00 PM
GAME-DOG
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Obama's speeches sound nice but don't say anything

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.