UnderGround Forums

Football Ground >> England away (itinerary)

9/4/08 1:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mozzer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi all, not posted here for a long time!

Just thought I'd share my plans for England's qualifiers in the next few days, to show that following England is usually a decent drinking session/adventure despite usually being spoiled by the game!

I'm missing my first Bradford City game (Port Vale away this Saturday) for nearly 2 seasons to go to the Andorra game. Anyway, here it is:

Friday - Fly to Barcelona, night on the beer in Las Ramblas, staying in a hostel whilst in Barcelona.

Saturday - all day on the beach drinking beers and soaking up the sun, then tram ride over to Estadio Olympico Luiz for the game. Got my Yorkshire flag, so keep an eye out! Then Saturday night on the beer, end up in some cheesy Spanish discotheque!

Sunday - All day on the beach: beer/sun/leching. Probably get pick-pocketed at some point!

Monday - Fly from Barcelona to Venice, buy a crate of beer and board the sleeper train which goes through Slovenia to Croatia. Got no cabin, only seats to save money.

Tuesday - Arrive in Zagreb, check into hostel. Meet up with England fans on the 'road of 1000 bars' (actually more like 5) and have a decent night. Mix it with the locals, while we still can in good spirits.

Wednesday - Food, beer, banter, beer. Then tram to the stadium for the game. Afterwards, depending on the result, drink sociably and at ease in Zagreb or, if we win (yeah, right!) get heads kicked in by neo-nazi Croats.

Thursday - Overnight train back to Venice + crate of beers. No cabin, again!

Friday - Fly from Venice to Liverpool. Get train from Liverpool to Sheffield for an all-day session and then a gig.

Saturday - go home on train to Bradford for Exeter City game at home!

Sunday - die.

Total cost of accommodation + flights + train + match tickets...

= £230

God bless RyanAir!
9/4/08 1:28 PM
Mozzer

...oh, and who's up for Kazakhstan away?

http://www.londontashkent.com/
9/5/08 5:12 AM
KurtCorris
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

holy shit, how can you do all that for so cheap!!??
9/5/08 9:44 AM
Extendo
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol, sounds like a great time...and deal.
9/5/08 9:54 AM
Govnor

Enjoy, that sounds awesome!
9/10/08 4:21 PM
Extendo
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, I lost me feed for today's game!
9/10/08 4:24 PM
Extendo

Found a working one:

http://www.justin.tv/glue86
9/10/08 5:31 PM
KurtCorris
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt for pics from mozzer on return
9/11/08 7:25 PM
grizz632
664 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope he didn't get his head kicked in...
9/12/08 11:25 AM
Shotgun Mick

He never made it home did he?
9/12/08 11:58 AM
Extendo

How old is Mozzer?

http://www.sportsya.com/english/news.php/Fourteen_hooligans_got_arrested_in_Zagreb_before_Qualifiers_game_against_England.html?id=187457&id_estruc=345

Hooligans arrested before Qualifiers game

At least 31 people were arrested by the Police in Zagreb due to several violent clashes between Croatia and England hooligans before the World Cup qualifiers match.
According to the local press, the Police arrested 14 hooligans (13 of them are Croatian) after incidents during several incidents on the streets with baseball bats near Maksimir stadium, venue of the World Cup qualifiers match between Croatia and England.

Five more Croatian hooligans were arrested on Wednesday afternoon at Tkalciceva street for having insulted and encouraging England hooligans to fighting.

Last night, several incidents took place in Zagreb, where eight people got injured; one of them, a 21-year-old English fan, is seriously injured. Furious Croatian fans attacked English ones in three different points in Zagreb; it is said that some 3,000 English hooligans went to the capital city of Croatia to attend the World Cup qualifiers match.
9/13/08 8:51 AM
Mozzer

I am knackered!

More details to follow tonight - I'm just off out to watch Bradford beat Exeter and go to the top of the table!
9/14/08 8:27 PM
Extendo

I agree, ridiculous article.
9/15/08 3:08 PM
Shotgun Mick

LOL, England's shame!
9/16/08 9:22 AM
Govnor

LOL...3000 Hooligans is an army!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.