UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> Kid sold me a bad motor

9/21/08 4:29 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LetsTalkItOut
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm actually looking for an s13 at the moment. Can't beat cheap and reliable rear wheel drive coupes. Why aren't you going for the SR20DET route?
9/23/08 6:09 PM
Ponyboy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Because they are as common as a 5.0 mustang maybe?
9/23/08 7:23 PM
Diaz 3:16
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im not into that go fast stuff really. I bought this car to autocross twice a year and to slam/kit/camber on 17's.

Theres so much out there for the ka nowadays, I think its a fine choice, if i decide to do that.
9/23/08 9:51 PM
LetsTalkItOut
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Because they are as common as a 5.0 mustang maybe?"

What does doing something common have to do with someone looking for power in a simple bolt-on fashion? Swap that tired engine for a 50k mi engine that is packing a turbo and has VVT?
9/26/08 1:14 PM
Ponyboy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/26/08 1:49 PM
Like I said.........every s13 or s14 has one.Why not a Z18det with 600hp.http://www.norrisdesigns.com/demo-s13.aspWhy not a FJ20 with over 600hp.http://www.turbocreations.com/fj20/s12dragcar/Personally, if I had a 240sx, I wouldn't stand for anything less than a six cylinder engine but there are KA24s that are making 1000hp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu_52hPqRO8
9/27/08 8:43 PM
LetsTalkItOut

Why not? Come on....

At the end of the day your talking a lot of money compared to a SR20 to get either of those engines into a 240sx.

I see where your heads at, I was talking a good swap with little "custom" effort and relatively cheap. Your talking something else.
10/10/08 2:00 PM
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have pretty much all the other systems removed, the only things on my Intake mani are the air regulator, and the aicv assembly.

I took some resistance and voltage readings from some sensors per the FSM, but left my sheet at home, so I dont have them in front of me.

Anyways, car starts up, idles around 850-9 and will occasionally bump to 1400, sometimes 1600-1700 then dips back down. its not really hunting it just surges at some points.

No Vac leaks.

I performed racepar1's ground fix, and it brought my idle down from 2k, and it made the car driveable(I whipped it around the block)

Ive also filled the main tube that splits to the regulator and aicv unit with lots and lots of carb cleaner and aerosol seafoam. should I maybe try to pop the smaller hose at the aicv off and spray directly in there?

Just looking for some more Ideas, Its gotta be something with those two items. will it ever be perfect?

Just want to get some discussion on this, im sure guys out there who have done DOHC swaps have have eliminated everything but these two as well.

Thanks,
Paul
10/13/08 2:34 PM

top for rumblefish.

I think it seriously just needs to be timed better, althought If i advance the distro it will idle higher, I just want to drive it a bit now.

I have the distributor retarded all the way right now I believe.
10/16/08 9:40 AM

Rumbley where you at?

anyways trying to time it I couldnt get hte car to idle down gahhh so I pulled IACV and air regulator.

lo and behold the air regulator solenoid was not functioning when hit with juice, so im going to replace that hopefully the biatch will idle now.
10/17/08 9:08 AM

whoops for some reason I thought rumblefish was the nissan tech not a se hinton novel.

sorry ponyboy, wow you both are named after se hinton novels, dorks!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.