UnderGround Forums

PoliticalGround >> Obama still spinning on Iraq Surge

9/5/08 3:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jack Carter
547 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

" Shame on Obama for changing his mind?"

LOL. I just explained it to you, Fraser. He said NOBODY ANTICIPATED the success of the surge. I need not say more, unless you want to continue to troll and look like a fool.
9/5/08 4:31 AM
Respect
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If the invasion had begun with a proper amount of resources, then there would have been no need for the surge.
As I remember, certain prominent members of the military resigned in opposition to their perceived lack of manpower.

Hind sight is 20/20 though, so it's hard to blame Obama. I'm sure he would have never been involved in the war if it was up to him, so who was "right"?

I do think this does reinforce McCain's potential strength as commander in chief.
9/5/08 4:57 AM
Juijitsuboxer
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
9/5/08 8:55 AM
jzspanky

you realize we pay the enemy not to fight us right now?
9/5/08 9:06 AM
Govnor

so how did he do overall for those that watched this?
9/5/08 9:15 AM
Information

I don't like to brag but I did argue for years on here we needed a surge and a change of strategy to a more counter-insurgency role. In fact the biggest opponents to a surge on this forum were Jack Carter and Information. Good insight guys.

You cannot be serious.
9/5/08 9:22 AM
Information

I don't have a blue name Thug but you can go back to the beginning of the insurgency 2003 when I started voicing my concern that we didn't have enough soldiers/marines and continued all the way through under the posting name brassmonkey then on to urb. Even under this name you could probably find a few threads. It doesn't take a genius to have listened to rational arguments for more troops from retired Generals as well as John McCain himself.

I remember you now. You weren't an advocate for more troops, you were an advocate for withdrawing our forces.

My position has always been consistent-- listen to the commanders on the ground. That irritates a lot of people who believe they know better than the soldiers actually in Iraq. For the most part, the individuals who have been angered by my posts and hold a grudge over my unwavering support have been proven consistently wrong while I have been proven consistently right.

Now the narrative you're trying to produce is that I opposed the Surge? Are you really so devoid of rational thought that you'll believe anyone is going to buy into that line of BS?
9/5/08 6:06 PM
Altofsky
564 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/5/08 9:21 PM
nagaman

Jack Carter - " Shame on Obama for changing his mind?"

LOL. I just explained it to you, Fraser. He said NOBODY ANTICIPATED the success of the surge. I need not say more, unless you want to continue to troll and look like a fool.

Notice how Obama said "Nobody Anticipated" in order to include everyone else for his misjudgement. It's like when you get caught doing something wrong and saying, "it wasn't just me. it's everyone!!" What a fucking pussy.
Be a man and accept for the misjudgement. That way Obama at least will have some dignity left.

Well unlike Obama's claim of "Nobody", MCain believed that it was going to work so that's why he suppored.
2/9/12 7:59 AM
jzspanky

ttt

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.