UnderGround Forums

PoliticalGround >> Why do Liberals like Bill Maher...

9/6/08 12:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Double Deuce
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bash any conservative who talks about Christianity, but does not say a word about when someone like Obama talks about God. I really don't care about politics either way, but there seems to be a huge double standard when it comes to liberals. I also think of Sarah Palin had a "D" next to her name Oprah would have her on the show in a heartbeat and the mainstream media would love her. Just my opinions, I could be wrong, these are just observations from a person who does not give a fuck either way.
9/6/08 12:04 PM
Seemore Butts
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't stand him, but his old show kicked ass.
9/6/08 12:07 PM
Adam3000

Edited: 09/06/08 12:07 PM
 1)  Because liberals know that the only way Obama would ever get elected is if he mentions god.  Its a must.  However, when a conservative talks about christianity, it is often in regards to banning abortion, gay marraige, etc...issues that liberals often feel strongly the opposite about

2)  Sarah Palin would NOT have a D next to her name ever because no one with a D next to their name would support the issues she supports.  So your hypothetical Oprah scenario is a moot point.

In the future, please don't make threads on topics you don't "give a fuck" about.

9/6/08 12:10 PM
ShotCaller

^^ok guy. lol.
9/6/08 12:11 PM
darren23372
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"In the future, please don't make threads on topics you don't "give a fuck" about."

LOL
9/6/08 12:32 PM
drjim

I don't watch his show very often. Just the thought of 4 libs or 3 libs and 1 conservative moving their gums and saying nothing relevant doesn't excite me. Caught the end of it last night in time to see the gay reporter segment. Looks like Maher and his gay boyfriend are in panic mode already.
9/6/08 12:34 PM
StrikeAnywhere
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i'm not a fan of Maher....too full of himself
9/6/08 12:44 PM
alxholic
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL that was a violent STFU
9/6/08 12:48 PM
Fake Pie

The main hypocrisy I am seeing is liberal women (feminists) saying Palin should be home taking care of her kids... OK, when did feminism shift into that?

You don't even have to be a feminazi to be offended by that hogwash. I am sick of feminists and their want it both ways special treatment bullshit. I have ranted about them many times. However a male candidate with a large family of small children would NEVER be told he should be home taking care of their kids. She has a spouse and means for extra help, this should not be an issue. But feminists bringing it up is just laughable and shows how partisan and retarded they are.
9/6/08 12:51 PM
ancient astronaut

I dont like him but the part about Magic Johnson was hilarious

2:50

http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=wsI5pSS_tuY
9/6/08 12:52 PM
daddyfatsacks
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He bashes anyone who believes in God/ the idea of God, you obviously don't know who Bill Maher is.
9/6/08 12:56 PM
1shotkill

The only one that thinks bill maher is funy is his mom. the guy is attrocious when it comes to comedy.
9/6/08 12:58 PM
Fake Pie

I used to like Maher and Stewart but I just got tired of them. Either they became too one-note and partisan for me or I just got sick of political humor in general.
9/6/08 1:03 PM
Clichy
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Politically Incorrect was a fantastic show, much better than his current one. It was bullshit that they took it off of the air.
9/6/08 1:31 PM
The Double Deuce

I meant to say, I don't care about how the election turns out. But I still wanted the questions answered. It's no wonder most of the posters have disappeared from this board when you can't even ask an honest question without being told to shut the fuck up. Way to further the demise of the OG community. Congratulations you have stopped me from making my 2-3 threads a year!
9/6/08 1:37 PM
PatK
260 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Clichy - Politically Incorrect was a fantastic show, much better than his current one. It was bullshit that they took it off of the air.

Politcally Incorrect was fantastic at first, when Bill was more of a moderator and had the panel evenly split between conservatives and liberals.

Then it went downhill.
9/6/08 1:43 PM
fearOfABlackPlanet

D' Sarah?

If you were smart enough to understand liberals, you would already be one.
9/6/08 1:47 PM
The Kangaroo
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

agree. Politically Incorrect was great simply because there were way more guests being a 30min, 5 day a week gig and they never stayed on the same subject for more then a quick segment.

now because of the extra time and no commericals the show is much more scripted, and each season he feels obliged to get his friends on rather then a broad range of guests because he only stays on for a couple months at a time.

9/6/08 1:59 PM
MikeD

I'm fairly liberal and hate that guy's show with a passion.
9/6/08 2:10 PM
Trust
688 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Adam3000 -  1)  Because liberals know that the only way Obama would ever get elected is if he mentions god.  Its a must. 

So in other words, liberals accept hypocrisy in their candidates, but deride it in opposing candidates. 

At least they are consistently hypocritical. 
9/6/08 2:19 PM
Adam3000

Trust - 
Adam3000 -  1)  Because liberals know that the only way Obama would ever get elected is if he mentions god.  Its a must. 

So in other words, liberals accept hypocrisy in their candidates, but deride it in opposing candidates. 

At least they are consistently hypocritical. 
If that is how you want to interpret it, then yes.  Personally, I don't think that the simple act of saying "god bless america" (or something similar) while at the same time believing in a seperation of church and state is hypocrisy.  I don't understand how you could see it that way, either...

Or maybe I'm reading your statement wrong and you are implying that liberals shouldn't attack conservatives for mentioning god...but that is obvious.  And 99% of liberals would not do that.  The problem arises when a conservative implies that creationism should be taught in science class right alongside evolution.  And the current Rep. VP candidate thinks just that.  Obama can scream "I LOVE GOD" all day and it would not be hypocritical of him to also say that Palin is wrong.

9/6/08 2:25 PM
kooldownp
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

maher is a pussy! who all could kick his ass with both hands tied behind your back?
9/6/08 2:28 PM
mrzipplokk
396 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Democratic Lookalikes

Where have we seen these Dems before?

9/6/08 2:31 PM
Johnny99

I'm rather middle of the road, politically, and I like Bill Maher. I don't always agree with him, but his show is entertaining. I think his writers do a consistently good job with the desk pieces.
9/6/08 2:35 PM
Adam3000

thirdleg -
No offense meant here, but you are the dumbest guy in the room, guaranteed.
None taken, but you could have made a better point had you explained why I was wrong.  So why am I?  Read the initial post again and my response and tell me whats wrong.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.