UnderGround Forums

PoliticalGround >> Why do Liberals like Bill Maher...

9/6/08 2:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Double Deuce
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All I am saying is that people like Maher say anyone who believes in Jesus is an utter moron. Yet he strongly supports Obama. You are saying that Obama only says he believes in Jesus to get votes? So Obama is not a Christian, he is just a liar?
9/6/08 3:04 PM
HELWIG

Maher isnt liked because his face is made of some type of maleable dough-like substance.

Seriously though I watched real time for the entire first season and he's just a cretinous person.

Trashes people's religious beliefs to the point where AI would tell him to back off. But then he and his audience kiss Kwame Kilpatrick's ass when he goes off on a random rant about how real Jesus is to him.

He also hypes up how he lives an empty life as a perpetual bachelor and has no interest in family life. Plus all his ranting at Bush accomplished nothing. His audience are puppetts of the highest caliber to. They often dont know whether to clap or not until he guides them with a reaction.
9/6/08 3:09 PM
Adam3000

The Double Deuce - All I am saying is that people like Maher say anyone who believes in Jesus is an utter moron. Yet he strongly supports Obama. You are saying that Obama only says he believes in Jesus to get votes? So Obama is not a Christian, he is just a liar?
I'm not sure that Maher would actually say that....he is very open about his atheism and does have harsh words regarding religion in general, but I highly doubt he would even make the blanket statement that anyone who believes in god is a moron.  Whether you like him or not, he is a very intelligent person and saying something like that would be incredibly stupid.
9/7/08 8:53 AM
THAGE
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bills show is good IMO, and he tries to balance his guests out on most episodes.

The whole God thing was explained by Adam3000, the only reason he bashed Sarah Palin is because she seems to be another fundie with comments about the Iraq war being a mission from God.

To people who don't want religion seeping into government, calling Iraq a mission from God is pretty serious.

9/7/08 10:39 PM
HELWIG

I think libs should keep it real and have a candidate who is openly atheist and expresses his disdain for religion and its influence on society.

Lets stop with Obama pretending that his Christian faith lead him to unwavering support for partial birth abortion.

Who is it fooling?
9/8/08 12:51 AM
pedrofan
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he is a punk and needs to fall down.
9/8/08 2:40 AM
BarkLikeADog

"All I am saying is that people like Maher say anyone who believes in Jesus is an utter moron. Yet he strongly supports Obama. "

Given that the general public would rather vote in an ax murderer than an athiest, there's no point in bashing a Democrat solely for claiming to believe in God. The only other option is to support someone who you know is unelectable. That's not hypocrisy; that's just being realistic.

The first time you ever saw footage of Clinton in church, was your instinctive response something along the lines of "yeah, that makes sense."?
10/13/08 6:53 PM
lambam

I like Maher because he is one of the rare commentators that tells the truth.
He can't be on everyone's case all the time.
However, I agree that although Obama is a lesser evil, I am sick of hearing politicians (including Obama) talk about God.
3/16/10 10:24 PM
CatastrophicReaction

I give Maher credit on his show although he leans left, he does call out the liberals on his show for being pussies, and gives the righties props for @ least having balls to push their shit through.
3/28/10 9:26 PM
Darkblock

He the man
11/3/10 8:30 AM
SwockStainTaco

MOST IDIOTS....LIKE OTHER IDIOTS?
11/27/10 7:20 PM
KenTheWalrus
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm an Independent. I like Maher's show, even though I only agree with some of the stuff he says.
8/28/11 5:02 PM
ElFat

Edited: 08/28/11 5:04 PM
a better question is why does a supposed liberal atheist like maher support israel so vehemently?
12/29/11 9:17 AM
mijo

Im super conservative, and he is laughable.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.