UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Grilling Basket!!!

9/7/08 6:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mit
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy cow!! Anyone else have one of these? I just discovered these suckers last week and my wife bought one for me this week.

I just ate like a pound of grilled veggies and washed em down with a nice Anchor Liberty Ale. Yes I realize that grilled veggies aren't new but usually they are a pain in the ass.

Seriously I think that the grilling basket will save my life. I'm getting a little older and still hate veggies....but not with the grilling basket.

Anyone got some nice marinades that they have used on veggies. Tonight I did some asparagus in light italien dressing followed by various veggies drizzled in a chili infused oil.
9/8/08 6:03 PM
Tys
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never tried vegetables in the grill basket, but if you want some good Asparagus, wrap it in Swiss Cheese and Prosciutto then toss it on the grill.
9/8/08 6:06 PM
Mit

^^ that is brilliant...I'm gonna try that.
9/8/08 8:16 PM
crescentwrench
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Most of the time my vegetable marinade will just be olive oil, some balsamic vinegar, smashed garlic, salt and pepper and whatever herbs I have.  Hey look at that, I made Italian dressing, lol. 

You could use soy sauce instead of the vinegar and throw in the juice of some citrus.

I wouldn't marinate them too long though, they'll soak it all up and then be so waterlogged that they steam intstead of grilling and will get soggy. 
9/8/08 11:35 PM
Mit

Yeah I said Marinade but I was more thinking of some sort of drizzle recipe.

Thanks...I will be doing more this week for sure.
9/9/08 2:11 PM
GaryG
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pic's or it never happened. Seriously, whats a grilling basket?

I'm also old and none to fond of the veggies. Anything that helps me eat cleaner I'm interested in.
9/9/08 8:33 PM
Mit

It's a metal basket with half inch holes cut into it. Big enough to let heat/flame flow through but not big enough to let veggies fall through(as long as you cut them pretty chunky).

Seriously it's a great investment.
9/10/08 12:15 AM
Mit

9/10/08 12:16 AM
Mit

The one I have is like this except it's round. The shrimp gives me a great idea. They have them mesh style too.
9/10/08 10:54 AM
shibbytastic
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

do want
9/10/08 11:58 AM
Tys
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If that's a Grill Basket I have one and use it all the time, but I can't say I've ever been very creative with it.
9/29/08 7:59 PM
Mark1

Got one.

Its tremendous.

Mark
9/30/08 1:32 PM
Extendo
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I picked one up after reading this thread as well. Great purchase. No more lost asparagus or zucchini.
10/1/08 2:25 PM
canuck34
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have one like that and use it all the time.

I also bought a cast iron platter that sits on the grill. I use it in the summer to do eggs and bacon or pancakes on the grill (any excuse to cook and eat outside) or to sear steaks before putting them on the grill.
10/1/08 2:28 PM
Extendo
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The cast iron platter will be my next purchase for sure.
10/1/08 3:27 PM
Tys

The cast grill is probably my least used grill accessory. I've made breakfast on it a few times but I normally just use the cast frying pan now.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.