UnderGround Forums

PoliticalGround >> Boston Globe story on Palin

9/8/08 11:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Swelling
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is not intented to be an attack on Palin.

============================================

Baby talk floods WRKO

A funny thing happened when WRKO conservative talk host Reese Hopkins told listeners 17-year-old Bristol Palin's pregnancy makes him question VP hopeful Sarah Palin's parenting skills.

Angry Republican listeners blew up his e-mail box, claiming Bristol's condition is family business. And Hopkins, who talked extensively on-air about the suspicious Gloucester teen pregnancy pact, was a little shocked. "You called these girls sluts, you said their parents were horrible," he said of his listeners.

"But in 125 e-mails I have stacked in front of me, you're telling me [Bristol Palin's pregnancy] is not a big deal."

Hopkins went back to the e-mails he received on the Gloucester story and compared them to his Palin e-mails. He found 70 listeners who flip-flopped on the teen pregnancy issue and invited them to explain.
10/7/08 3:03 PM
Ari2
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fairly standard hypocrisy for the socially conservative.
10/7/08 7:43 PM
ViewType

What? A conservative who isn't consistent? Shocking!
10/24/08 9:58 PM
killer rabbit

Teen accidentally getting knocked up by her fairly steady boyfriend - oops, been there, done that.

Teens signing a pact to all get pregnant and one of them using a homeless 20 something to do so - hmmmm, not where I went to school.

VERY different situations. I wouldn't presume to judge individuals in either case without at least a few more details, but I can tell you which situation I understand and which one makes me go "WTF?!?!?!"

I hardly call it a double standard to judge the two situations differently. Probably 30% of the population has sweated out a late period at some point in their early sex life prior to marriage. Hardly the same as riding a hobo bareback praying this one is a babymaker.

Typical liberal blindness seeing totally different things as the same.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.