UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> ? for Tony

3/7/02 8:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tony Blauer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Mar-02
Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.

"Do you believe there is a point at which there is too much? Or do all situations require the same level of force (Combat Mindset suggests incapacitation)." Oft repeated thoughts, please check the ARCHIVES for a lot more insight [you'll need to peruse the threads...] 1. Force must parallel danger. 2. There is no defense for excessive force. 3. The OVERKILL training mind-set is not about the action, but rather the confidence created that directly impacts judgement. 4. Read my comments in PASSENGER NONRESISTANCE for a simple formula. Thanks for the comments & question. Tony
3/7/02 12:00 AM
jfulton

Tony, I've been ready your comments here with great interest and respect your opinion, so I'd really like to hear your comments on the issue of "necessary force" or "justified force." I believe your "Combat Mindset" is dead accurate, but here in DC anyone who raises their fists is guilty until proven innocent. I've had friends who, in the words of the police "used the amount of force neccessary to protect the immediate safety" only to literally be stabbed in the back by some asshole who he hadn't hit enough. Of course my life is paramount, but what if it isn't explicitly life or death? Do you believe there is a point at which there is too much? Or do all situations require the same level of force (Combat Mindset suggests incapacitation).
garcar

How do you judge what force is sufficient in a high stress situation? My fear is that in trying to be reasonable I may not use sufficient force and therefore give an attacker chance to use unreasonable force on me. G.
Tony Blauer

Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
That's the million dollar question. There are only legal rules of engageemnt to go by, the rest is pretty intuitive. You need to study the 'Reasonable Person Clause' for your region and then interpret 'FOrce must parallel danger' principles and go from there. This is not a 'how to' forum nor is it a legal forum so thats about as far as I can take you with this..its best to study your laws and evalute your system for varying force options so you can confidently walk, talk, deter, deflect, defend etc.[i.e. if your system only teahces neck breaks you may have trouble with certain types of confrontations]. You might want to pick up our manual BE YOUR OWN BODYGUARD for training thoughts, tips and ideas. Call our office if you have questions, hope this helps. Tony
garcar

Will do Tony,thanks. Garcar.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.