UnderGround Forums

GolfGround >> One of the best shots I've ever hit

9/18/08 1:18 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
erikmfx
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was at Eastmoreland in Portland OR last weekend and on the par 5 13th I hit a nice 3 wood off the tee puting me in the middle of the fairway.  I was about 265 yrd from the green, OB on both sides of a narrow fairway.  Between me and the green were two valleys in the fairway, one OB and the other just a deep valley in front of the green.  The smart play is to lay up between the two valleys and go for the green in three.  I decided to go for it and pulled out my fairway 1 metal.  This is a 10 degree driver designed for the fairway.  It's an old club with a sweet spot about the size of a dime.  I hit the ball dead straight 265 yards right at the flag, landed on the green and rolled just past the hole about 12 feet.   Probably one of the top 5 shots I've ever hit.  Just a perfect, pure, true, long straight shot right on the money.  Damn that was sweet.

Unfortunately I shaved the hole for my eagle putt but got a tap in birdie. 
10/28/08 1:32 PM
mongo54
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I feel as though this has been up long enough without anyone calling shenanigans, you the 13th is only 463 yards, thus you hit a 198 yard 3 wood from the tee and a 265 fairway wood off the deck?

yeah, not so much.

10/29/08 8:37 PM
erikmfx
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There are two locations for the blue tees on this hole.  That day they were at the furthest tip.  Any more than a 210 layup risks going OB in the first chasm I described.  And as I said I used a 1 metal off the fairway to reach the green. 

I play 100% USGA golf rules and NEVER use mulligans or move my ball to better spots, and I never make up stories, dick.

10/31/08 9:27 PM
mongo54
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.