UnderGround Forums

TattooGround >> Calypso Tattoo, Belgium?

9/18/08 5:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Baki
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Has anyone ever been tattooed by the guys at Calypso tattoo in Belgium?

I checked out their site, and am thinking about making my way there (I'm in France).

Looks really good and unique. Any insights?

Baki
9/28/08 4:27 AM
Primo

I have been tattooed by Dan. Absolutley my favorite tattoo and best design. Dan is great and as long as what you want fits in with his style you will be very pleased. HE is very thoughtfull in his desighns and is carefull to be sure that it will fit onto/blend with your body. If you go tell him Primo, the kickboxer from Brooklyn sent you.
10/1/08 2:14 PM
Baki

Primo....

Thanks for the info. He looks like a REALLY good artist, and I'm stoked to go see him. His high quality work makes me want to cover myself, but I'll have to limit it.

Did you just give him ideas and let him work freely, or did you have a specific design already worked out?
10/1/08 3:36 PM
Primo

I gave him a bunch of pics for him to draw ideas from. We talked about what I wanted and he drew something up. He traced my arm and a pre existing tattoo to be sure that his work would blend well and flow on my arm. As with any artist he put his own flare on things. To me that was great....I chose an atrist based on their ability, and want to see them run with an idea a bit. If you look on his myspace page my tattoo is the Buddha sitting on a Lotus blossom.
10/15/08 7:10 AM
Baki

Primo,

I saw your tattoo on the website....very cool. I'll definitely be going sometime in the next 5-6 months, once I decide what to get ( I have so many ideas, limited space....and a great artist now...the choices, the choices!).

I generally agree with you in letting the artist run with their ability, so it's good to hear about the creative impulses at Calypso.

Thanks again,

R.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.