UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> Is this Coach Blauer Research or What?

9/19/08 6:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
me6561
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HI all

Take a look at this site and let me know hwta you think.

http://www.confront.com/category/video-gallery

It seems (in my view ) that there are still people willing to use the research of others with out actually saying whose research it is.

Please feel free to let me know what your views are?

Train Hard

Neil
9/20/08 4:21 AM
chasmoore1

Neil,

In my opinion one would certainly have to come to the conclusion that this gentlemen has trained with Mr. Blauer in the past or had exposure to Mr. Blauer's system through videos or an other media form. It is evident, IMO, that much of the content on this site seems to have been taken directly from Mr. Blauers research.....

Stay Safe

Charlie
9/22/08 1:08 PM
TSA

I agree with Charlie and Neil on this. This fellows stuff is clearly influenced, inspired and/or a direct result of Mr. Blauer's research. IMO respecting the source does not diminishes you, it instead enhances your standing within the combatives community.

Take care

Tom
9/22/08 1:09 PM
Tony Torres

Neil,

After reviewing the website's content, including the interview and the products section, it is very clear that he has trained with Coach Blauer. Not only does he use identical terminology and concepts throughout his interview, even his products, a psychology CD, a DVD and manuals ar virtual copies of Tony B.'s early work.
A quick browse through their "table of contents" shows remarkable similarity to BTS's research.

His bio however does not mention Coach Blauer or his influence...hmmm?

Interesting, If he at least quoted the sole source of his expertise it would make him somewhat legitimate.

Tony Torres
11/19/08 5:10 PM
ironmongoose

He was a past student of Blauer, though he does not credit Blauer as a source. I believe he appeared in a very old Blauer Tactical Systems tape on boxing or something.

I live in Vancouver and have tried to contact him (not confrontationally or anything--just inquiring about his services and rates) and he did not respond to my call or email.
11/20/08 10:35 AM
ironmongoose

confront.com has been there for YEARS... looked pretty different when I first saw it... but now that I've seen video of Netschay, I have to say that despite deriving his material from one of the best innovators and coaches in the business, his "execution"--both in terms of physical technique and how he explains concepts ot others, is pretty dang weak IMO.
11/20/08 1:53 PM
Tony Torres

Thanks Ironmongoose for the information, keep us posted if he actually replies to you.
9/8/09 5:47 PM
Tony Blauer

"confront.com has been there for YEARS... looked pretty different when I first saw it... but now that I've seen video of Netschay, I have to say that despite deriving his material from one of the best innovators and coaches in the business, his "execution"--both in terms of physical technique and how he explains concepts ot others, is pretty dang weak IMO. "

ANdrew was a student I took under my wing, empowered, entrusted, like another one of my students he pulled a midnight move on the naive master :-)

caveat emptor

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.